Chapter Twenty-seven

With rekindled hope Gabriel asked, "So can I kiss you?"
His smile was a little sheepish when he added, "again?"

Theodore resisted the urge to trace his lips and answer in affirmative. Resisted answering him with a kiss.

"Next time I stub my toe or something, I'll come running." he said instead.

"I hope you step on a Lego, then."
There was humor in his voice, but it was overshadowed by a sense of dejection.

"Because you want to smooch or are you simply sadistic?"

The joke was tactless and too soon and Gabriel's attempt at a smile was therefore even more heartbreaking, "Masochistic, if anything." he said.

The implication was not lost on Theodore.

----------------------------------------------------

Dinner consisted of Chilli con carne and lots and lots of garlic sauce to make it easier for Gabriel to resist temptation.

"You're gonna stink so bad, Teddy." Oliver announced, eyeing his plate.

Theodore let the nickname slide and smirked, "Afraid I'm coming for your brand, Ollie?"
It was the first time he spoke during the meal, for he had loved to skip dinner conversation, to skip dinner altogether.

"Afraid you're going to breathe in my general direction."

Theodore sometimes forgot how much alike he and Oliver were and god was Oliver a sarcastic little shit.

"Sue me for liking garlic sauce, I guess," he said before taking another bite.

Oliver then turned to annoy Silas and Theodore tuned everyone out.

--------------------------------------------------------

The bathroom door opened before his eyes and Theodore quickly took a few steps back.
He'd woken up with the worst case of morning breath since the dawn of men and didn't want to subject anyone to it, not even Gabriel, who stood in front of him, freshly showered wearing nothing but a towel around his slim waist.

"Good morning."

Theodore's eyes shot upwards to Gabriel's face. He dared to open his mouth and say, "Hey,"

Gabriel inhaled as if was about to speak but then seemed to think  better of it. He brushed past Theodore and headed straight for his room.

Theodore spend the next 4 minutes vigorously brushing his teeth and the whole day thinking about how there was possibly maybe a teeny tiny part of him that regretted declining Gabriel's advances.

--------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading! Hope you enjoyed this teeny tiny update and didn't get too frustrated with my boi, would love to read your thoughts!
Stay safe ❤