Chapter Twenty-nine

Theodore wasn't typically one to initiate things. Not that he didn't care about friends or things or family, but he was a go with the flow kinda guy, and practically stagnant when there wasn't any.
Admittedly, it wasn't his most redeeming quality, which was unfortunate considering it was probably his single biggest personality trait besides his big mouth.

And Gabriel had created a ripple. No, a fucking rapid. So why now had Theodore decided to go against the current? He had his reasons, and in way they were valid, but they had stemmed from two ugly little things called 'low self esteem' and 'a not so positive look on life'.
It was the dreaded 'it's not you, it's me' excuse, but at least Theodore had spared Gabriel that.

Well, that made it sound as if Gabriel wasn't absolutely, totally peachy. 

Maybe it had all been a fever dream, Gabriel sure acted like nothing had happened, anyway. And Theodore, he guessed, was grateful for it: no guilt and a validation that he hadn't made a mistake after all. 

It wasn't all that comforting. 

---------------------------------------------------------

The wind whistled through Theodore's window as it was raging on outside. As he locked it, he looked out into the garden and saw Silas, Oliver and Gabriel quite literally braving the storm. No, if we're misusing phrases, than they weren't braving it, they were stirring it up.

His short moment of self reflection earlier that day in mind, Theodore decided to come down and join the lunacy-ermm, the fun.

Fueled by the storm, the mini (and luckily a little more controlled) tornado they'd created, served as some kind of next level playground merry-go-round, which Theodore believed to have been banned.

Oliver was the first to be spit out by the vortex and landed on his backside with a loud thud. Equally graceful fell Silas a couple of feet further.

Any potential injuries were at least momentarily forgotten by Oliver as he spotted Theodore.
"Teddy, my man! Come join the fun!" he said from down on the ground.

"Don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure that's a good idea," said Silas as he dusted himself off and checked his elbow for scraping.

Theodore could be a tad bit  melodramatic when he wanted to. And he wanted to.

"Explain it to me then, because I would be absolutely devastated should I misinterpret even a single syllable comming out of your mouth." he deadpanned.

A deep sigh, almost loud enough to be heard over the rushing wind.
"I don't enjoy being a killjoy or a hypocrite but it's too risky for you, Theo."

Theodore wanted to tell him that he didn't have to be a patronizing ass on top of it, but was distracted by Gabriel who landed carefully on his feet right next to him. A smiling Oliver spoke first, "Gabriel can keep him safe."

---------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading ❤❤ Would love to read your thoughts or any questions you might have!
If you enjoyed, please consider voting 🙈