Chapter Twenty

"I listen to ABBA unironically,"

Theodore's confession was followed by an amused chortle. It was a welcome sound, broke the awkward silence and tension like he had hoped it would, and made the corner of his lips turn upwards into a small smile. He loved making Gabriel laugh.

"What do you mean unironnically, though? I like ABBA, they're legendary."

Theodore nodded his head in agreement, "I listen to chiquitita on repeat when I'm sad."

Gabriel snorted,Theodore found it cute. His own little confession, not so much.

"My go-to sad song is sad violin, but that's a good one, too." Gabriel was playing along, but Theodore had been actually been serious.

Oh well.
"The meme version?"

"Of course."

"That one makes my ears bleed."

"Exactly. The suffering of your ears takes your mind of the sadness."

Theodore chuckled, "I prefer to wallow in my sadness but thanks for the protip. I'll keep it in mind next time I'm sad."

Gabriel looked at him as if he knew next time wouldn't be a very long time from now. Theodore wished he'd never broached the subject, jokingly or not.

He should have just mentioned how empowered dancing queen made him feel, instead.
Perhaps, better yet, never mentioned ABBA at all and told Gabriel he liked the colors blue and yellow.
Or maybe he should've kept his door shut because having Gabriel casually sitting on his bed, talking to him messed with his headspace, no matter how much he enjoyed it.

It was mentally tiring, being in proximity to him, because it was tiring constantly trying to feel worthy of the attention given, to over think  even after Gabriel had already confessed to enjoy talking to him. 

He didn't like how his brain worked, how his thoughts and feelings were constantly contradicting each other.
The drugs in his system did nothing to help ease his mind.

Gabriel's laughter would, so Theodore cracked a joke, and he laughed, like always.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Thank you so much for reading! Hope you enjoyed, would love to read your thoughts!

Hope you're safe, healthy and holding on ❤

Also, sorry for the long wait and shorttt little update

Oh, btw, thoughts on the new cover? think I maybe still prefer the previous one 🙃

This is the song they were referring to, in case you were wondering 😅