Chapter Fifteen

Theodore was enjoying his froot loops, his father his coffee. In silence.

During the summer holidays Christopher Ward couldn't really inquire about his son's academics and that left little else to talk about.
They'd exchanged some forced pleasantries, but the silence was less uncomfortable.

The quiet was broken by Gabriel as he entered the kitchen, hair disheveled, yawning and mumbling a hardly intelligible: "Morning."

Christoper looked up from the newspaper he was reading, his lips formed a fond smile, "Morning, son. "

Son. It was more than a term of endearment. It was part of the reason Theodore had daddy issues. He was envious of the affection his father showed Gabriel so effortlessly. In a way, he felt like that affection belonged to him.

But maybe blood wasn't thicker than water after all.

Theodore wondered if Gabriel would agree with that notion, if his blood ran thin as well.

It had too, or he wouldn't have been there, pouring himself a cup of coffee.
Theodore wanted to know how he managed to stay so unaffected, regardless.

He looked down at his breakfast. His froot loops were turning soggy and Theodore made another unpleasant observation when he looked back up at Gabriel. Hickies covered his neck, red and alsmost mocking.

They looked sore, but Theodore was sure they hurt him more."Did they piss on you, as well?" he asked, petty, and bitter and jealous.

Gabriel almost choked on his coffee, "Sorry, what?"

His father's interest was now piqued as well. Typical.

Theodore should've kept quiet, but now he had to continue. He pointed at his neck, "Your new lover. They must be quite territorial."

Almost instinctively, Gabriel's free hand moved to his own neck. There was no fond or satisfied smile as he remembered the night before. It eased the tight feeling in Theodore's chest only slightly.

"He's neither." Gabriel assured.

Theodore exhaled. Then took a spoonful of froot loops in his mouth so that he wouldn't say anything stupid like good.

Nothing had changed. Just because Gabriel hadn't been claimed didn't mean that Theodore could. But he wanted to. He wanted to cover the bruises with marks of his own, create new ones on his unblemished skin.

He wouldn't go as far as to piss on him, though.

--------------------------------------------------------

Meh.

Please tell me your thoughts
Thank you so much for reading.