Chapter Eleven

As soon as the pleasant buzz had left Theodore, he himself had left too. He had the munchies, and Max didn't have anything to satisfy his cravings. Plus, the hours spent in his company had been more than enough.

Out of solidarity with Finn, Theodore too was boycotting Dickson's Diner, which was quite unfortunate because he could do with one of their nice, creasy burgers.

Alas, he had to settle for a packet of chocolate chip cookies, a bag of Lays ketchup chips and a bottle of Coke.

He was waiting at checkout when someone got in line behind him.

Two bright red peppers in a see through plastic bag, and then, a box of condoms. An unconventional combination, but Theodore wouldn't judge.

He did a half turn and looked up. His eyes met a familiar pair of blue ones.

Blood rushed to Theodore's cheeks in a misplaced sense of embarrassment-- he wasn't the one buying condoms.

But Gabriel Reid was, and the box was lying there, in between the two of them on the conveyor belt, and Theodore couldn't shake the image of the other boy using them. The image was as hot as it was painful.

"They're not for me." Gabriel claimed, and Theodore raised his eyebrows.

"What isn't, the peppers?"

"The condoms, Theodore."
The word rolled off his tongue, and Theodore felt silly for having treated it as if it were taboo.
He might have been a virgin, but he had never considered himself a prude one. He wasn't going go start acting like one now.

He hummed and inspected the wide range of condoms on the rack, "It's not too late to go for the glow-in- the-dark ones." he teased.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for 1k reads!
Hope you enjoyed this 'chapter', if you did, please consider leaving a vote or comment :)

Oh, thoughts on my new cover? i know it looks amateurish, lol, it's because i made it myself (drawing included) 💩