Chapter Thirty-two

Theodore wasn't exactly a natural, and neither was Silas at teaching him. It felt like he'd skipped quite a few basic steps.
Gabriel had used a more patient approach and took into consideration that Theodore was an absolute noob. Complicating factor, however, was that Gabriel was terribly distracting, wet and shirtless, and had kissed him a week and a half ago, and Theodore still hadn't gotten over it.

So, Theodore had called it what it was: a hopeless mission, and had given up trying to surf.
He'd stayed, though, and was now lounging on the surfboard, watching Silas ride an endless wave. "Totally gnarly, dude!" he cheered.

Gabriel, who was waiting his turn, laughed quite loudly considering how silly he was being. Theodore willed himself to not look his way.

A minute or so later did Silas let the wave die and paddled closer.

"That was totally rad, bro. Are you like, mega stoked to catch another wave?" Theodore asked.

"Totally, dude." Silas humored him, "Glad to see you're having an epic time, dude." Despite the stereotypical surfer dude lingo and accent, he sounded genuine.

And despite having told himself he wouldn't, as he was putting on sunscreen and with every step it took to get to the pool, Theodore was indeed having quite a good time.
He could hardly admit it to himself, let alone others.
"I'm hungry," he said while looking at his wrinkly fingers, "and turning into a prune."

"We could go to Dickson's?" Gabriel offered.

We. We. We. Gabriel and Theodore.

And Silas, of course...

And he couldn't.

"Sorry, can't."

Gabriel's shoulders sagged slightly and Theodore was a little too quick to explain, "I'm boycotting Dicksons and their delicious burgers and shakes."

Both boys looked at him questioningly.

"I know I'm not known for my social and political activism, but I do actually have morals and principles and the owner is a homophobic prick, so...Good ol' golden arches?"

"Good thing they're totally ethical." Gabriel laughed, "But sure."
----------------------------------------------------------

"Ugh," Theodore complained from the backseat of the car, clutching his stomach, "they should have never placed those self service kiosks. They take away people's shame of ordering shameful amounts of junk."

"Guess it didn't help that you insisted on finishing my fries."

"Wasting food should be a crime. Also, thanks for your input, Silas, really couldn't have done without." He groaned softly in discomfort, "Capitalism sucks."

"Corporate America didn't force feed you those fries, Theo."

"But it made them so damn tasty."

Silas shook his head, smiling, "Self control is a thing."

"Guess what? So is: not being a compassionless prick." Theodore shot back.

Gabriel was smart enough to stay out of it and just listend, the corner of his lips turned up into a smile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two updates in two weeks time is quite the achievement for me, a personal best haha. Hope you enjoyed, would love to read your thoughts! Votes are super appreciated too! 

Thanks for reading<3

Not proofread/ edited.