Chapter Thirty-One

Theodore's pov.

Theodore was laying in bed, thankful for the sudden downpour; a better reason to retreat than a plethora of overwhelming feelings.

You know what else was overwhelming? Silas' seemingly uncontrollable need and talent to get on Theodore's nerves, though admittedly not such a difficult feat.

The 'shave and a haircut, two bits' knock, the not even awaiting a response before barging in, and frankly everything down to his breathing annoyed Theodore.

"Can we talk about earlier? I don't like how we left things."

Add self righteousness to the list.

"No."

Judging by the way he blinked and his eyebrows shot up slightly, Silas hadn't expected a resounding 'no' for an answer, but he was not easily discouraged, unfortunately, "I didn't mean to make you feel-"

"Kindly shut up," Theodore interrupted.

That did the trick, surprisingly.
In the silence, Theodore realized that maybe he did want to talk, after all, if it was him doing the talking.

He sat up, "If you want to talk so badly, I go first."

A quite dramatic sigh left his mouth, because talking about feelings was going to be mentally draining.

"I know I interrupted you, but I already got the gist of what you were going to say and I don't enjoy the sound of your voice nearly as much as you do. So sure, you meant well, but it still made me feel kinda shitty."

'Kinda shitty' really was the best he could do. It evoked what looked like regret or pity in Silas.

"I'm sorry," he said, sounding way more apologetic than need be. Maybe he was apologizing for all the similar instances from the past.

There were many, and Theodore wasn't keen on reminiscing.

"Good talk, now shoo."

"I mean it, though." Silas said before leaving his room and closing the door behind him.

------------------------------------------------------

Two days later and Silas was still out for redemption, hoping to achieve it by excessively trying to engage Theodore in whatever he, Oliver and or Gabriel were doing.

"Me and Gabriel are gonna go surf, want to join?" he asked, already wearing his swim attire.

"I don't know how to," sounded like good excuse.

"Get changed, we'll teach you."

It left no room for argument, and maybe Theodore wasn't looking for one.

Silas wasn't in sight, but Gabriel was already in the pool when Theodore arrived, lathered in sunscreen and almost luminous in the bright sun.

"You missed a spot," said Gabriel after Theodore had gotten in. The pool was big, and just shallow enough for them to be able to stand.

"Huh?" was his clever response.

"Let me," Gabriel reached up and ran his index finger across his nose. Theodore just blinked.

"Sunscreen," explained Gabriel as he pulled back, rubbing his own nose.

"SPF 50," said Theodore.
You're so cute, he thought.

-----------------------------------------------------
Not proofread,
Probably full of mistakes,
Just happy to update,

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed. Would love to read your thoughts!
Bit of an abrupt ending but I kinda like it.