the explanation

Hazel's POV

Lilac's hand squeezes mine tightly, she knows how traumatised I am. What makes things worse, is now my abusers and rapists, are in the same building as me, and my baby. I had zoned out during the whole conversation between Lilac and Jaycobs, until Lilac nudged me to grab my attention, there was a low ranking omega stood by the door waiting to escorted me up to my room, it felt like forever. I must have fallen asleep, because when I came to Lilac was laid asleep next to me, hand on my belly, I got up and made my way to the kitchen for something to eat, but no matter what food I picked up to eat, I just couldn't. "Four months along" is all I could whisper to myself, I hadn't noticed I was being watched.

"5 more months" a voice from behind spoke with concern. Something in me told me not to look, a soft hand placed gently on my shoulder, another on my belly. "I promise we will protect you and you baby hazel" the she wolf spoke gently. When I looked around I saw it was the beta's daughter, "its ok don't be scared" she whispered knowing I seemed scared.

"Alice why were the rogues after me?" I asked worried, she just smiled softly. Alice was Caydon's youngest sister, we had a strong friendship just like mine and her brother, she was going to be a beta just like her brother, I knew I could trust her.

"I don't know why, but i have a feeling it's to do with you being a Luna" her voice spoke softly to me. Alice pulls out a book, its thick, it looks old and heavy. My eyes catch this weighting on the front, its beautifully written in white.

"Whitefield alpha family." I read out to Alice confused. "Why does your pack have this?" I ask, Alice just smiles at me, and hands me the book encouraging me to read it. As I open the old book to the first page, I'm met with a family tree. "This goes back to the first Alpha and Luna of my pack" I'm interested in this but also a little confused.

"Well it does need to, only our pack and your pack had this book. After all Alpha Jaycobs and your father were best friends." Alice explained while coming to sit next to me at the table. "The books states everything about your pack, how they worked, the rules, enemies and allies, even as far as the second born child of the Alpha." Alice explained in more detail everything the book contains, it sounded like she had already read the book in detail. That's when one name is on the list of biggest enemies.

"Jaxson moonlight pack and the fourth Luna?" I question, looking at Alice confused "who are they, and what do they have to do with the fourth luna? I've never heard of them before." I ask worried, that's when a sigh comes from behind us both.

"Alice you shouldn't have shown her that book." And older omega approaches from the shadows.

"I'm sorry jax, but she needed to know about it." Alice exclaimed her voice laced in pain. Jax just shook his head and took the book.

"The less she knows about her pack the better." he replied in a stern voice, "her pack isn't all as good and pure as they seem." His voice got louder this time, as if something was stirring inside him, that's when the front door opened.

"Alpha, we have another one." Caydon shouted, people started to flood to the door, and surround Caydon, that's when his eyes met mine. "Shit!" He exclaimed handing over something to Alpha Jaycobs. Heading towards me I could see his hands were covered in blood, lilac coming in just behind him, all I saw was Jaycobs take her off to the side. Before i knew it Caydon was infront of me. "Hazel, i need you to run as far away from here, and now" he muttered, this was the first time he ever told me to run. With that Alice and Jax grabbed me and pulled me out of the house, I tried to fight.

"No stop Lilac is still in there, my mate is still in there." I screamed for them to stop but they didn't.

"This is the Alpha's wishes." Jax whispered to me, then Alice hid me in a little building in a tree, it was cozy and hidden away, Jax boosted Alice up in the tree as well. "You girls stay quiet" he spoke before he left. I caught a glimpse of a man from a gap in the building.

"Who is that?" I asked.

"The Jaxson moonlight pack. They have come for you and the baby." Alice whispered, tears filling her eyes. I didn't understand as they were 5 months to early.