My Mate

As 3:15 rung on the bell everyone else who was doing try-outs finished and with that it was my turn.

"Hut....Hike!!!!" Caydon shouted down the pitch at me with that I ran as quick as I did earlier towards the ball catching it just before it hit the ground, then making contact with my body on the ground. Caydon pulled me up when I was finished and smiled at me. "so coach are they on the team?" the coach smiled in response and then I smelt it my mate again. I looked around frantically for the source but with all the people I just couldn't locate the source of the scent, however I failed to do so my wolf screamed 'mate' but I couldn't find them.

"Hazel dude what's up?" Caydon asked I threw him a look of worry and concern a sharp pain shot through my body, I just groaned.

"Nothing bro just smelt my mate but can't see them. let's go back to the truck then to the house" I replied to his question, when he responded with a nod I grabbed our kit and headed to the truck when the scent hit me again. Rounding the corner it got stronger that's when I saw Lilac leant against my truck.

"Hey Hazel are we......" Lilac spoke softly trying to finish but was cut off by a girl coming running over to me.

"Hazel, Hazel" she shouted, she was a short blonde haired girl I looked at her with a questioning look on my face.

"Um well I know you aren't my mate but um I...." she was about to finish when I cut in

"Look just spit it out" I snapped getting very annoyed

"I really like you and wanna be your girlfriend please?" she asked very shy and looking at her feet. I lent in close to her and took in a deep breath. Breathing in her scent and then I grinned.

"You can't be my girlfriend only my mate can and you defiantly aren't her. You don't smell like strawberries and caramel" I scoffed at her and signalled for her to leave, as quick as she came she left again I turned to look at Caydon who looked confused. I motioned my hand to the truck for them to get in and we drove back to the house but this time I took the long way home.

"So um why did you do that to that poor girl?" Lilac askes confused about my actions i sigh struggling to answer my wolf was going crazy.

"Because I only want to find my mate. I don't want anyone other then him" I snapped back at Lilac frustrated and annoyed the scent was stronger than ever I just sat quiet throughout the rest of the drive home. I take in the scent and all its sweetness, then before I knew it we were home. as we all hope of my truck and head in.

"How was your first day girls? and how was try-outs Hazel?" Jaycobs asks both of us

"It was good dad. Hazel scared off Kaylon, he was trying to hit on me. Hazel got on the team and I think Hazel might have found her mates scent finally." Lilac replied to her dad then grabs my arm and drags me up the stairs, pulls me into her bedroom, shuts and locks the door and pushes me down on her bed.

"I'm your mate and you are my mate. please don't reject me please" she cries tears running down her face, then suddenly it hits me, her scent is strawberries and caramel. That's why I didn't smell it when it was just me and Caydon until she was around. I sit up and she moves back off of me. my eyes meet her's and I look her dead in the eyes, serious.

"Why will I reject my mate? I told that girl that I only want my mate. I don't care if they were boy or girl." I reply being dead serious, Lilac opens her mouth as if to try and say something but before I give her the chance I slam my lips against her's, holding her waist and that's when we hear it.

"Girls can you come down please we need to talk over dinner." Jaycobs called up the stairs which cause me to pull away from from her lips, as I stand up and walk to the door to unlock it a soft hand grabs mine. I look back to see a crying Lilac.

"Don't leave me ever please. I will need to tell my dad." she whimpers I nod, unlocking the door holding her hand tightly and walking down the stairs her dad looks at us and smiles.

"Finally you both know you are each other's mates and have got together this must be celebrated" Jaycobs cheered then a dark expression comes across his face moments pass and I start to become confused about it all wanting to ask I just keep my mouth shut and take a walk out side to the pack and I watch them all until a familiar voice is heard in the distance.

"Where is that bitch known as Hazel?" a deep voice demanded angrily I look in its direction to see a familiar face behind a tall dark figure. Jaycobs and Lilac come out side and pull me behind them.

"What do you want Micheals?" Jaycobs asks sternly and very annoyed.

"I want Hazel to come here and fight Kaylon fairly. cause that little slut attacked him earlier today." Micheals demanded. A loud growl erupted from in front of me, I could feel the anger coming off of Lilac's body. I place my hand on her shoulder and move her out the way and step forward.

"Fine it's on" I answer.