The truth

Hazel's P.O.V

I turn to look at Lilac, I could feel the fear come across her body and I Just shoot her a confident smile. Kaylon's body crashes into my causing me to topple to the ground in a long drawn out fight. I don't notice that that the Grayson pack has a plan, I end up being pinned to the ground left hand round my throat tightening, his free hand trailing down my body, across my visible skin all the while I'm clawing at his hand on my neck. I start to lose consciousness, as well as my breath but no long before the scent of Lilac fills my nose. Gasping for air the moment my airways are free, looking to my right that's when I see Kaylon charging at Lilac, without hesitation I move and push her backwards to the ground. Holding him off as much as possible, when a member of his pack hands him a knife, I distract him from Lilac, which gives Caydon enough time to grab Lilac and get her inside. I keep him on his toes until he says something to make me freeze on the spot.

"It was my pack that killed your pack and your family not hunters" he scoffed and getting the reaction he wanted from me, which was to stand still, plunging the knife into my stomach, causing me to collapses to the floor bleeding massively, I could hear it the pack screaming. "Looks like I have almost killed your Luna" Kaylon scoffed once more before passing out. when I come to the smell of Lilac's scent fills my nose, slowly opening my eyes I see her my mate asleep in the chair next to my bed. Trying to move when a sharp pain shoots through my body, I release that my wound has been stitched up that's when Alpha Jaycobs enters my room.

"Ah Hazel glad to see you are awake finally. how is you wound coming along?" he asks with concern in his voice I nod in response and then he continues "so I have some important news to tell you, in actual fact it's something you need to know now." he adds his expression turned grim

"Sure Alpha tell me" I reply interested 

"So you being the second born daughter, from the Alpha of the Whitefield pack, means you take on the name Luna as a middle name. This has a lot of uses, it means that you have heightened senses and speed. you are also a target to the Grayson pack and hunters, and you mate becomes a target as well." he explained, with this I grew nervous and worried.

"I have to reject Lilac then, I can't have her a target as well as me" I reply to him voice full of fear.

"No you don't, because I know you can and will protect her because you love her." he responded to me which comforted me from my fears. Once he left the room and the doctor came with my discharge papers, all I could focus on was the soft hand that was in mine, the hand of my mate. Not long later, Lilac wakes up I'm greeting her with a soft smile, discharge papers in hand, wearing my favourite red vest and blue shorts. On the long drive back to the packhouse I remain quiet, thinking over everything in my head. What if she rejects me knowing she is a target, what if she hates me, what if I get her hurt. All these ideas run through my head Lilac must have clocked on to what I was thinking about cause she had turned to look at me, about 5 minutes ago now.

"Hazel I'm not gonna leave you, I couldn't hate you and I know for a fact you won't ever get me hurt" she softly spoke while smiling and holding my hand ever so tightly.

"I'm gonna go for a run when we get back to the packhouse if that's cool, it's just I need to train after being in a hospital bed for at least a couple of days." I reply to her, she looks at me confused and then just nods. Once back at the packhouse, I go get dressed into my gym wear. Planting a kiss on Lilac's lips as I leave to go running. I arrive at the one place I love, just before I go to run through my old garden I hear a small voice.

"Theo no fair you run to fast" a small ten year old girl comes running out of the rebuilt packhouse, her hair up in braids and is chasing a small dark hair five year old boy, sat under a tree to my left is a tall dark haired fifteen year old. just as I'm about to turn and run in the opposite direction a small hand grabs mine.

"Hello are you untie Hazel?" the small dark haired boy asks, I stand there silent 

"Theo... get away from her, for all we know she could be after us and the pack, to destroy it" the tall dark haired boy responded pushing his younger brother behind him, this made me angry, launching my body at him he crashes to the floor my hand round his neck.

"Why the fuck would I do that, when I lost my pack and family when I was five, yet some how I survived and now you are living in my old home with a new pack." I shout at the boy, that's when I hear a voice one I have longed to hear since that day.

"Hazel, sister its ok, its me James. Everything is on just let Jason go and come inside." his voice was soft and calming, I dropped and backed away from the boy called Jason, just as he was going to put a hand on my shoulder I moved back.

"Don't you fucking touch me, you have been alive for eleven whole years and not once seen me." I snap at him.

"I couldn't see you, Alpha Jaycobs and I agreed it would be for the best, Caydon still brought me pictures of you." he replied guilt laced his voice however this made me even more mad.

"You are joking Alpha Jaycobs and Caydon both knew you my only living family member was alive, and they kept it secret." I snapped this time worse, turning in the other direction and I ran back to the Blackstone pack to grab my things.