first day at Blackwall high Lilac's P.O.V

I was eating my toast ready for the first day and waiting for Hazel to get ready and get down here "Hazel come on" i called out from downstairs her not hearing me but i got a little response out of her.

"Jeuse Christ... Lilac slow the fuck down" she spoke softly from upstairs my wolf growled 'mate' which brought a little smile to my face. I had known it for about a year now, last year was the first time I got the smell of apple juice and peach that filled my nose when I stood outside her bedroom door and it just got stronger the closer I got to her, my father told me that all Whitefield's who are from the Alpha discover their mates at sixteen, which unlike us Blackstone's who are from the Alpha we discover out mates at fifteen a whole year earlier. It felt unfair that I had to wait to till her sixteenth birthday which was today for her to know who her mate was. I smelt her come running down the stairs and I smiled she was next to me in a flash and picking up the last slice of toast when a football came hurtling her way.

"Hazel heads up dude" a manly voice belonging to the one and only Caydon a senior and the quarterback of the football team at Blackwell high. Hazel dropped the toast from her hand and ran towards the ball catching it in her arms and making a thudding noise on the floor with her body, getting straight back up she hurtled the ball straight back at him. bickering can be heard from outside, but I just couldn't make out what they were saying. Standing next to Hazel's truck I just smiled then spoke.

"Hazel come on you are driving today we will be late" I called out to her from her black truck, with that the two of them came flying out the house throwing their backpacks into the back of the truck before jumping into the front and racing to school. It was always chaos in the house but even more so when Hazel was being trained by Caydon so she could join the schools football team. We arrived at the school and headed in I looked at mine and Hazel's timetables and found we both were in the same classes together that's when I heard whispers about her. the low growl of displeasement and anger left her lips, the whole school went quiet with that I placed my hand softly on her shoulder I could smell her scent and it was strong I could feel her calm down instantly, with that I move close to her ear and whispered "Hazel calm down girl". before long a new wolf came in speaking vile things about Hazel's family I could feel her getting angry again and quickly but before I could stop her, she was down the hall and on top of this alpha to be with him pined on the floor by his neck. A second later he was running away and she was facing me with a smile. she looked away starting a conversation with Caydon.

"Hey Lilac have you found your mate yet?" a small girl asked 

"Not yet but I hope I find him soon and I hope he in nice" I replied knowing I had just lied about it. I had found my mate and it was not a male for that fact. I looked over at Hazel which is when I saw clenching her flannel, I ran as fast as I could towards her I was panicking and I could feel her panic. Then suddenly she cried out for me to stop and the she ran in the opposite direction.

"Hazel come back" I called out to her but she just kept running. I all of a sudden got upset but went on with the day. every class I was in had Hazel seated next to me. Fighting back the tears, I walked over to the school field after class and saw her at try-outs, and I could see that she done it that beautiful girl had knocked out the competition and I was proud. I could smell her the faint smell of apple juice and peach and I loved it. After try-outs I waited by her truck for her to come. Once back at the house I dragged her up to my room and pushed her onto my bed. "You are my mate, please don't reject me please." I cried at her terrified of what will happen next.