Chapter 17: Troublesome

~ Xemnas' POV ~

   I was frozen with fear. I didn't I know what to do, but... I was starting to feel anger arise from me. I stared at the one who stabbed Mazui. He just stood their and tilted his neck slightly as I heard it crack. I cringed when it did as he was walking towards me slowly.

   "So? Are you going to make a move or will you just stand there?" He asked me as my eyes widened. I gritted my teeth as I ran at him and threw a punch. I hit him in his chest but it didn't seem to phase him. "Hmph, nice hit. For a baby. Now this..." He began to say as I then coughed up as I felt his fist hit my stomach. "This is a real punch." He said as I fell back and tightly held my stomach as I grovelled in pain.

   He began to walk over towards Mazui and his children as they stood up and tried to protect their father. "Stay away! Don't hurt daddy anymore!" Kouichi shouted at the man. The man then picked Kouichi up by his shirt and looked at him. "Troublesome child..." He said and walked over to the ledge where me and Mazui were earlier. Below was raging waters that weren't like that before. Everything was calm until he came here, so he must've done something.

   "Brother!" Akira exclaimed beginning to cry again. "Put brother down!" She yelled. He just looked at her, I couldn't tell what his face looked like after that because of his mask, but he could be smirking. "Put him down you say?" He mumbled. "X-Xemnas! Help me!" Kouichi shouted.

   "As you wish... Troublesome child..." He said before tossing Kouichi over the railing into the waters below.

   "Kouichi!" I yelled as I quickly got up and jumped off the railing after him.

   I was only inched away from him as I reached my hand out to grab him. I grabbed him, but we had both fell into the rapid waters.

             ~ Narrators POV ~

   "Brother! Xemnas!" Akira yelled out crying. Mazui opened his eyes as he struggled to breath. "... Xemnas..." He mumbled as the masked man began walking away.

   "You'll live, I didn't strike anything vital." He said putting his swords away. "However, you probably won't see those two again."

   Mazui grunted and tried to get up, but coughed up blood and placed his hand over his wound. "Enjoy what little life you have left. It won't last long." He said before disappearing without a trace.

   "X-Xemnas..." Mazui mumbled before falling backwards again. "Please be safe... And please... Protect Kouichi... Wherever you two may be..."