Chapter 19: The Bee's Dagger

The captains have been given their orders, all that was left now was for them to execute it. The others had no idea what exactly they were going to get in to. Especially the so-called "monster" Head Captain Ayato spoke of.

Speaking of which, Head Captain Ayato was last seen leaving the meeting chamber and heading off on his own. No one really knew what exactly he was up to, but there were much more important things to be dealt with at the moment.

While the others were sent off to find the Quincy and the other Soul Reaper, Kai went off to find the Soul Reaper that Head Captain Ayato spoke of. "A monster huh?" Kai thought to himself as he ran through the desolate parts of the Soul Society. "Just what exactly are you capable of? I wonder..."

Kai looked around aimlessly in search for Xemnas. Just then, Kai noticed someone carrying a boy in his arms while walking away. Kai stopped for a moment and took a close look at the figure. He gasped quietly. "Black and white hair...? Could it be...?" Kai thought to himself. He had found exactly who he was searching for.

After a few hours of walking with Kouichi in his arms, Xemnas knelt down by a nearby tree and placed him next to it. He panted softly as he took a few steps back and tried to catch his breath. "Kouichi... I hope your family is okay..." Xemnas said and sighed softly. Then, Xemnas heard the rustling of leaves nearby. He looked around to see what exactly was causing the rustling. "Was it just the wind...?" He mumbled softly.

He heard the rustling grow louder as a figure jumped out of the trees and spun towards him from above as it hit him in the head, making Xemnas instantly fall to the ground. Xemnas grunted and slowly tried to get up after the blow to the head from the figure.

"Aaah!" Xemnas groaned as he slowly began to get back up after the blow. "What do you think you're doing?!" He exclaimed as the figure looked at Xemnas and chuckled. "So, you're the Xemnas that I've heard about huh? I don't see why the boss rambled about you. You don't seem that tough." The figure, Kai, said and then made a serious face.

"Huh...? How does he know my name?" Xemnas thought to himself. Then Kai spoke up to break the silence. "Hey, Xemnas, I've gotta question to ask ya." Kai spoke softly. "What is it...?" He asked as he began clenching his fist.

"Just what exactly are you doing here in the Soul Society?!" Kai shouted as he grabbed his captains cloak and threw it in the air. Following that, he ripped off his shihakusho's sleeves and gripped his sword tightly as he rushed towards Xemnas.

Xemnas' eyes widened as he pulled out his permanent shikai form zanpakutō to block Kai's attack. Kai smirked as he flipped backwards and lunged at Xemnas a second time. This time actually knocking him to the ground.

"Hmph, don't tell me that's all you got. At least attempt to put up a decent fight." Kai said mockingly and walked towards Xemnas slowly. Xemnas attempting to get up, he grabbed his weapon and looked at the ground. "What do I do...? I still don't even know what sort of power my zanpakutō holds... So how am I supposed to fight him?! Think Xemnas! Think!" Xemnas thought as he remained on the ground. He slowly began to get up as he regained his balance after the blow to the head.

Kai looked at Xemnas and smiled as he gripped his sword. "That's the spirit, continue to get up after each blow!" He shouted as he began walking towards Xemnas. Xemnas held his zanpakutō in one hand, and rubbed his head gently as he groaned. "You know... That hurt..." He mumbled and stood up. "Now... Exactly who are you?" He asks as the figure lifted his sword up to the sky and looked up.

"My name is Kai Fon, amd I will be the one to strike you down!" He yelled as he swiftly disappeared and then reappeared in front of Xemnas. Xemnas gasped as Kai had his sword pointed towards Xemnas' chest. "Sting my enemies to death..." Kai began to say as Xemnas' eyes widened.

"Suzumebachi!" {Hornet}

As Kai shouted that out, his blade began to change as it became a large red and black stinger-like weapon on his middle finger, connecting to a large red and black arm bracelet on his wrist. "Prepare yourself Xemnas! For the power of my zanpakutō!" Kai shouted as he rushed towards Xemnas. His eyes widened as Kai grew closer and closer. Xemnas quickly lifted his zanpakutō as he was quick enough to block Kai's stinger.

"Gonna have to be faster than that!" Kai shouted as he grabbed Xemnas' arm and tossed him to the ground and got him with his stinger in the chest. Once he was stung, a butterfly design appeared on his clothing. Xemnas quickly countered afterwards as he kicked Kai off of him and quickly got up. Panting slowly as he looked at the new design on his chest.

"What is this...?" He said touching it, though nothing really happened. Kai chuckled quietly, which then resulted in a louder laughter as he jumped back up. "That's the power of my zanpakutō, passed down to me by my Mother, Suì-Fēng."

Xemnas looked at Kai as he was now suddenly in front of him again. "One more sting, in the same area, and you're dead!" Kai said as he was about to strike again. Luckily Xemnas was quick enough to dodge in time.

"Heh!" Kai snickered as he looked at Xemnas. "You may have avoided getting hit in the same area, but now you've got another mark!" He shouted. Xemnas looked down at his leg as the symbol was there as well.

"Damn it!" Xemnas thought as he back up to get some distance from him and Kai. He then took notice to where he left Kouichi, and Kouichi was gone. "What?!" He thought and then quickly halted. He then looked behind him as he saw a faint light glow from his side. "Huh? What's happening to my zanpakutō?" He said.

Xemnas' "wand" started to change shape as it started to form a blade at the bottom. The zanpakutō's form changed to that of a black and white dagger with the jewel remaining in the same spot. Xemnas saw this as an opportunity to defend himself now. Up until now all he could do was just run, but now he could fight.

"Come on out Faker! No use hiding anymore!" Kai shouted as he started running in Xemnas' direction. Then, all of a sudden he could feel the space underneath his right eye get slashed at. The cause of this was Xemnas, this was the first attack he was able to make since the fight started.

"Tch! Lucky shot there Faker!" Kai said as he grunted a little from the pain, but wiped away the blood that trickled down his face. "Now we can really go at it!" Kai shouted and lunged directly for Xemnas.