Chapter 10: Awakening The Spirit

~ Xemnas' POV ~

    My vision was very blurring. I could hardly see anything, I felt as if nothing had happened, even though I know something did. I felt like my body was floating across the sky. Then again, I'm not... Its just all so confusing.

     As I opened up my eyes I saw that I was in a room I wasn't ever in before. I looked up to see someone's face right above me. "AAAAHHHHH!!" I shouted as I quickly got up and ended up bumping my head with his. I held my head gently as he did the same. "Dude what the hell was that for?!" I shouted at him. "You're the one who bumped into me!" The boy shouted back at me. He looked as if he was the same age as me. We kept yelling at each other until we both heard the door open next to us.

       "Heyyy guys, it looks like you're both up and active. That's a good thing you know." The man said. It was Kisuke! Finally someone who I sorta know. "So Xemnas, how's those wounds? You took a nasty beating ya know." He asked me.

     He was right, I did overdo it a little too much back then. I rubbed my wrist softly as I felt no pain. "Huh? I-its like nothing had happened...?" I said as I got up and looked at all the bandaging that was around my body. "Good, so you're all suited and ready to go. Now, come with me." He said as he walked downstairs. "That means you too Leon!" He shouted before his voice faded off. Leon... So that was this other kids name.

    I put my clothes back on as we both made our way to the basement. As I walked down the stairs I noticed the huge terrain in the area. "Woah! How'd you get all this down here?!" I asked in amazement. "Well Kisuke has his secrets I'll give ya that." Leon told me as he stood way in front of me. He was right next to me... How did he...? Oh just forget it.

   Kisuke waved at us from afar as he told us to hurry it up. That's just what we did after all. "Alright Xemnas, from what I saw and heard you've lost your Soul Reaper powers and you have no way of getting them back. "H-how did you know?" I asked. "Well, let's just say the same thing happened to an old friend of mine." He said pulling his hat down and cracking a smile.

     "Never mind that. Its time to get to work." He said. "Work? What do you-!" I was cut off when he put his cane in my face and pulled out my Soul form. I fell backwards as I saw a large chain connected to my chest. "That's step one, we gotta get you fully powered up and ready for battle." He said as he snapped his fingers. "Leon?" He said. Leon then shook his head as he pulled out his weapon. It looked like a sword, and a gun at the same time? A gunblade? He then started running towards me with it as he smashed it to the ground. Luckily I dodged it quick enough. "Hey! What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I shouted.

   "We're gonna try to get you pumped up so that your spiritual pressure will return!" Leon shouted at me. He then pulled his trigger as I kept running away and dodging. It was basically the only thing I could do at the moment.

    After what felt like hours, I stopped and panted heavily. Then Kisuke walked up to me along with Leon. "Congratulations, your spiritual pressure is back and running. Now here comes the part that decides your fate." He told me. My eyes widened when he told me it'll decide my fate. As I got up Leon grabbed my Soul Chain and Kisuke quickly cut it off and then tied me up and threw me down a deep descending hole.

     Once I landed I looked at the chain that started eating away at itself. I tried to stand up but it felt like something was weighing me down. "So, Kisuke, how long do you think the kids got?" Leon asked him as he knelt over to observe me. "Hm... Well I'm not sure. However, when you were getting back his spiritual pressure I sensed something different. Something... Very familiar, but I just can't put my finger on it." Kisuke said. "Now that you mention it, his spirit feel sorta like two now." Leon mentioned. "He's not like the others, he's much more different in every possible way."

    I was laying face down on the ground as my chain faded away bit by bit. I looked up to see Kisuke and Leon talking about something, but I didn't know what. Then suddenly... I felt something... Something strange... Suddenly some sort of white material started forming out of my eyes, mouth and face...!

     I couldn't feel anything, my body felt as if it was going numb. "Kisuke, he's one of them." Leon said. Kisuke slowly shook his head as he continued to watch me in this strange 'transformation'. While it was still forming I felt my mind slip. Then I heard voices... Two different voices in my head. They both kept saying "Xemnas... Xemnas, can you hear us?" One of them said. "Come on Xemnas will ya just wake up already?!" The other one shouted. I slowly opened my eyes as I looked around and saw myself in a different area. I was standing on top of a platform that was half glass, and half dark concrete.

       "Where am I...?" I asked as I turned around and saw to different figures. A tall pale-skinned male with ragged clothes and fur on his shoulders along with his long arms. The other was a slightly darker-skinned female who covered her mouth with her larger sized kimono which seemed to slip here and there. "Who are you..?" I asked.

   They both looked to each other as the female shook her head playfully, while the other groaned and put his arm to his hip.

"We're the spirit of your zanpakutō!"

"We're the spirit of your zanpakutō..."