Chapter 6: Quincy Partner

~ Xemnas' POV ~

  As Braig quickly pulled the trigger, I was able to dodge it by a few inches. However the arrow tore into my shihakusho. I quickly pulled out my zanpakutō's and stood there. He then placed his arms down and snickered. "Come on you lowlife, let's take this fight somewhere else." He says as he starts running towards the frozen lakes in the forest. "Hey! Get back here!" I shouted as I ran after him. Moments after the chase I stood upon the frozen lake and looked around to find, nothing. Where was he?! How could he have disappeared so quickly? As I looked around I stared at the ice and noticed a glowing purple light forming from somewhere. I gasped and quickly jumped out of the way as the arrow was shot into the lake and started forming cracks. Once I looked up to see the Quincy laughing at me, I quickly jumped up to him and tried slashing at him. However, it was no use, he just kept getting out of the way. As I fell back to the ice lake, I panted and looked over to him yet, he wasn't there! I got up and looked around, then, I heard it. The sound of Braig's Quincy arrowgun's charging their fire. My eyes widened as I turned around to see he was aiming right near my heart. It was no use, I didn't have enough time to dodge, or the time to block. Was this really how I would go down? Defeated by someone who supposedly hates us Soul Reapers? I just stood there as he took his final shot.

        Somehow to my surprise, he didn't aim towards me. He aimed to something behind me. He aimed at a... A Hollow. "B-but why? You had a perfect chance to just finish me off. So why didn't you?" I asked. He had to have an answer. One minute he hated me, and now he's helping me? "Its true Xemnas, I do hate you Soul Reapers, but, I guess I can put my hatred away for the sake of protecting the world from Hollows. After all, that's what Quincy's are for, to help protect people. So, what do ya say?" He says putting his hand out to me. "Partner?" He asks looking at me with an intimidating smile. I laughed for a moment and quickly grabbed his hand and shook it. "Partner!"