Chapter 18: Divide and Conquer The Enemy

~ Xemnas' POV ~

   I landed somewhere on shore, not sure where exactly though. As soon as I got up I immediately began to cough up the water from when I nearly drowned protecting Kouichi. I looked over to see Kouichi was shivering in his sleep. I removed the top half of my shihakusho, leaving me in a normal blank tank top. I wrapped it around Kouichi as I carried him along with me. "How did we make it? I was positive that those waters were strong enough to kill us... So how'd we survive?" I thought to myself.

   The thought of how we had survived still crossed my mind, but I had decided to just forget it and find some shelter.

   "Don't worry Kouichi, everything will be okay. I promise."

            ~ Narrator's POV ~
   As Xemnas continued to look for shelter, he had no idea that there was going to be an even greater problem that he would have to deal with. That would be, the members of the Gotei 13!

   "... Captains of Squads 2 through 13, I've gathered you here for a very special meeting..." Said one of them sitting in a chair in the center of the room. "For what exact reason were we called here for Head Captain Ayato?" Said the captain of Squad 7.

   "Yeah! What's the big deal bringing us here all of a-!" Shouted one of the other captains as he got hit in the back of the head by one of the female captains. "Oh Kai, do please calm yourself. You should really pay attention and listen. Captain of Squad 2." She said with a "polite" smile on her face. "E-eh..! Okay... Captain of Squad 4... Murano Usagi..."

   "... Are you all done with your foolishness everyone?" Ayato asked as we pushed his glasses up a little. The rest of the captains stood in fear as they nodded their heads slowly. "Very good. Now, back to the matter at hand. The reason for me summoning you all here is because, we've been infiltrated..."

   "Infiltrated?!" Shouted almost all the captains as they had their eyes open. "Yes, we've been infiltrated. By not one, but three outsiders. One is a Quincy, another is a Soul Reaper, and the other... I can't even describe what he is... But... I can describe him in some way. The boy is young, his hair color is both black and white, and he's part Soul Reaper... However I have my doubt's on that. I can only describe him in one word to you all..." Ayato said calmly.

   "And what would that be Captain Ayato?" Tenshie mumbled, the captain of Squad 6. "I've met him before, and I can describe him in one word. Weak..."

   "Tenshie... Don't jump to conclusions so quickly. Or that'll be your downfall." Ayato said as he averted his eyes to Tenshie. "Now, as I was saying. I only have one word to describe him... Its that this boy... Is a monster..."

   "A-A monster?!" Kai shouted as he then shook his head quickly and patted his face. "Then that must mean he's pretty strong right?! A worthy opponent... Head Captain Ayato! Please do me the favor of letting me dispose of this monster! Before he may do any of us harm!" Kai stated as he smirked slightly.

   Ayato stared at Kai as he nodded slowly. "As you wish..." He said calmly. "Alright! I'm off!" Kai shouted as he suddenly disappeared from the room.

   "Now as for the rest of you. I want you to dispose of the others... Tenshie, you take care of the other Soul Reaper." Tenshie nodded at Ayato's command. "As you wish, Captain Ayato..." "And as for the Quincy... Captain of Squad 7, Kaito Aonuma, and Captain of Squad 12, Shun Hanzō... Take care of the Quincy." "Understood!" The two captains said in unison. "The rest of you, be on the look out for any other invaders. Protect the Soul Society, we shall not let them take over." Ayato stated as he stood up and walked out.

   "Xemnas... That is your name... Isn't it?" Ayato thought to himself. "Why is that name so familiar to me...?"