E i g h t y t w o

It wasn't a good day to be Macy Raven. Potentially one of her last mornings on earth and she didn't spend it in bed with Damon, she spent it downstairs in the boarding house listening to how Elijah could save elena and not her.

It didn't really hit her till now that she would be sacrificing her life for someone else to live, whether that be Elena or klaus. She does it everyday never the less but she was so careless with it before.

'Do I really want to die?' She thought as Elijah spoke to Elena and Stefan.

They all sat in the lounge, Elena on the end of the couch, near Stefan in the chair and Macy on the other end.

"Klaus will drink Macy blood before yours, she will die instantly." Elijah said bringing Macy from her thoughts.

She didn't even realise that Damon has come to join.

"That's where you come in." Elena said as Elijah pulled out a box

"That's where I come in for you." He said opening the box and pulling out a bottle

"This is an elixir I acquired for Katrina 500 years ago, it provides mystical properties of resuscitation for the doppelgänger." Elijah said

"So I'll be dead." Elena trailed off

"And then you won't." Elijah finished

"That's your plan, a magical witch option with no expectation date, what about Macy" Damon argued.

She couldn't take it anymore, Macy got up and left the group, making her way into her room and shutting the door.

She was going to die

Macy started pacing and thinking of many reasons 'surely if I leave now I can live' 'what if I just hunt everyone down' 'I don't want to die'

Thoughts raced through her head but then she stopped and took a breath.

"I don't want you to die."

Macy opened her eyes to see Elijah standing in front of her

"I've tried for weeks with the witches to see if I could make an elixir for you, to see if I can get you to live but there was no way." Elijah said hands in pockets "before I was daggered"

Macy giggled and sat on her bed

"I'll be with my parents." Macy said

"I'll be with them, it's where I want to be, I'll see them and I'll be with them." Macy swallowed the tears

"Thank you for trying." Macy said to Elijah walking up to him and giving him a hug, he hugged back

"I really did Blair, I really did"