15 ~ Dying Kisses

Pairing: Bucky x Reader

Prompt: Dying kisses

Warnings: Mentions of guns, war themes, blood, worried Bucky 🥺,

Bucky heard the gunshot. You felt the pain. The searing pain of a bullet hitting your chest. Your hand flew to the wound, and you felt the thick liquid oozing out of the small hole. As you fell to the floor, the echo of your name was heard. It was faint, but it was there. Bucky... he was coming to your rescue. You knew you had to stay alive for him. You couldn't leave him. He had already lost so much. You can't let HYDRA take anymore from him.

He held you in his arms begging the gods above not to take you from him. "No, no no no Y/n, please stay with me!" You coughed and opened your eyes. You smiled when you saw the man you loved staring back into your eyes. His lips molded with yours as he kissed you in sweet relief. "Little one, stay with me. Stay with me. Don't you dare close your eyes!" Coughing once again, you tried to keep your eyes open. For him.

He carried you to the quinjet and gently set you down on the bed in medbay. He held your hand the whole way back to the compound, and made sure you stayed awake. Lord knows what will happen if you closed your eyes. When the arrival to the compound finally approached, Bucky hurried you off the hovercraft and in to the lab with Shuri and Bruce. To keep Bucky from going crazy, he watched the procedure of the bullet removal. His eyes were directly on the heart monitor. *Beep... beep... beep..beep.beep beep* The heart monitor got faster. He pounded on the bullet proof glass trying to get to his love, but Steve stopped him. "Bucky, she will be fine. It is just her adrenaline and shock catching up to her. No need to worry bud." The monitor slowed down, and so did Bucky's nerves.

"It's my fault she got hit. I swore to protect her and I did the exact opposite. We threw her in the middle of the fight. With only a gun and a couple knives! God, Steve what have I done?" Bucky asked in a huff. Steve did not know exactly what to say, but he knew that all Bucky needed was a hug. Steve embraced his best friend with strong arms, and he tried his best to comfort the broken man.

The door opened, and the both of them pulled apart to see Bruce standing in the doorway. He had a slight smile on his face. "She's stable." He said. "She will be waking up soon, so I would get her up to medbay and keep her resting." Bucky nodded, and helped the doctor roll your bed into the elevator and up to the 45th floor of the Avengers Tower.

After getting situated in the med bay room, Bucky gently caressed your cheek, and kissed your lips softly. "I love you little one. With all my heart. I am so sorry I did this to you. You jumped in front of that bullet and I was not there to protect you." Your eyes fluttered open, and you were met with the violent fluorescent lights. "It's very bright." Bucky jumped up to turn the bright lighting down, and returned solely to your side.

"Dove, I'm so sorry." You stifled a small giggle, and quietly said through a scratchy voice "Bucky, don't worry about me. It's what comes in the job description. I wouldn't be putting myself ou-." Your inspirational speech quickly turned into a coughing fit. "Breathe little one, please." He said, placing a gentle hand just underneath your neck to ease the choking. You shook your head in protest as he tried to help you sit up. "Bucky, please..."

"Please" what, dove?"

The tears you promised yourself to keep inside, fell despite your attempt to hold them. You really just wanted to be held. "H-hold me."

Bucky's tensed muscles softened once he heard your tired voice. Slowly, he lowered himself onto the hospital like bed and sat down next to you. Instinctively you curled into his touch and laid your head on his chest. Silence took over the room as you listened to the calm beat of his heart. The steady thump of every beat reminded you that you had to take another breath. You had to take another breath for your Bucky. He is your Bucky, and you are his Little one.

"I'm never letting go little one." He said. Stroking your hair as you slept. "I'm never letting go."