~ I've Got You Blossom

Pairing: Charles Blackwood x Reader

Warnings: body image, self consciousness, low self esteem

Cleaning the house was an everyday thing. Just tidying up the place to keep it clean for Charles. It was the only other thing to do, other than read. While Charles was out getting things to fix the pipes, you were sweeping the floor, humming a song. No tune, just...notes. Once the living room came to attention, you fluffed the pillows, dusted the shelves and the lamps, and washed the windows. However, you couldn't help but catch a glance at the mirror across the room. You stared at your reflection, pondering at what you saw.

You traced your finger along your soft jaw, the bottom of your chin, and around your lips. The feeling of hatred towards yourself entered your mind. "I'm too big." You said aloud. To no one in particular, but just yourself. Abandoneing the living room, you wandered upstairs. The grime and sweat made it a little hard to peel your floral dress off your skin, but soon you were able to relive yourself of your clothes.

Once again you found yourself staring in the mirror. Looking over your body, you ran your fingers down the curvature of your hips, to the fair amount of skin at your stomach, around each breast cupped with in its brazier. 'God," you thought. 'How can Charles like such a body as mine?' As the moment lingered in your head, Charles entered the room. "What a lovely sight to see," he said with a smile as he walked behind your body standing in front of the mirror.

Charles's arms wrapped around your waist as he planted small kisses along your neck. In a moment of pure bliss, you felt yourself almost floating. With Charles behind you, security washed over you and you smiled. "Hi, Charlie." You said, gingerly leaning into his touch. "Hello, Love. How was your day? And whats got you in this state at the moment?" With a sigh, you sit yourself down on the bed and wrap yourself in a blanket.

"I haven't been myself, Charles. It's killing me everyday, doing the same things and not doing what I need to do to take care of myself. I ache, my fingers are freezing up, and I hardly look pretty enough to be with you. I mean, I look at all the other women in town, and yet you seem to be happy coming home to me. Why is that?" Charles kneeled in front of you, gently grasping onto your knees. "Oh, Blossom. What's on your mind?"

Shaking your head, you reach behind you to grab your clothing once again. Charles stops you. "How about we talk in the bath?" With a nod, he helps you up. On the way to the bathroom, you're in a haze. In your thoights, per se. Absentmindedly, you bumped into Charles. "Oh! I'm so sorry, please forgive me." Concern filled Charles system. "Blossom, are you ok? You seem a bit off." Tears brimmed at your eyes, and you sniffles. "I- I don't-t know." You stutter, your head falling onto his shoulder.

His hand finds its way through your hair, and he cradles your head gently. "Hey, hey, hey, it's ok love. It's alright." He whispers in your ear. With care, he helps you slip off the rest of your clothing, and looks you over. "Such a beautiful body. How did I get so lucky to find a wife like you?" A smile washes over his face, and a deep shade of red sneaks it's way up your neck and to the end of your ears. The bathtub was nearly full by the time he finished gazing at each and every curve, scar, and stretch mark covering your body.

"Are you ready, my love?" With a nod, he holds your hand as you dip your foot in the perfectly warm water. The warmth immediately flooded you with the relaxation you whole heartedly needed. To make matters better, Charles stripped of his clothes and slid into the bath behind you. With you situated between his strong legs, he guided you to lay back onto his toned and broad chest. A soft sigh escaped your lips as you relaxed into his body.

"I've got you, Blossom." He whispered in your ear as he softly slid his hand down your body, resting his hand gently on your abdomen. "I'm so sorry for not being the wife you deserve. You deserve to come home to someone greeting you at the door with a kiss, someone to play your favorite song on the piano, someone who drives into town with you to fetch the groceries. I'm such a terrible wife Charles. I can't do it anymore. I don't have the heart to disappoint you anymore."

You were met with silence, then a soft sigh. Charles placed gentle kisses along your shoulders, neck and head, instantly relaxing you. Your head lolled back against his shoulder, and your eyes closed. "A wife's place is not in the kitchen, or cleaning the house, or taking care of her husband. A wife's place in her life is the same as the husbands. To love the other with all their heart. And you have done just that. I come home everyday to see my beautiful princess working away at things that don't need to be done everyday. I see my princess- no, my queen, everyday looking even more beautiful than the other days. I see you, and I want to see nothing more."

A small smile formed through your tears. "Do you really think that?" You felt him nod, and kiss the back of your neck softly. "I love you, blossom. And I will always be here for you, if you will be here for me." Slightly twisting your head, you looked up at him. "Always, my Prince Charming." After placing a kiss to his lips, the bubbles and the soothing wind from the window as all that filled the bathroom. Along with two lovers who want nothing more than each other.