23 ~ Bad Day, Turned Good!

Pairing: Bucky x Reader

Warnings: bad day, missed anniversaries, forgetful reader, hehe fluff^-^

Prompt(s): Having a bad day and the other noticing & Wrapping their arms around them while doing a task

A/n: I have put it in my head that not every fic I write has to have more than 1000 words. It can be short and sweet! 🥰

 It can be short and sweet! 🥰

Something was off. A shift in your mental pendulum. Waking up with no motivation to do anything wasn't a normal occurrence. Yet, some reason the universe chose today. With a sigh, you get out of bed and shuffle to the kitchen to make some coffee. Not bothering to glance at the time.

"Good afternoon Y/n." F.R.I.D.A.Y. announced. "Afternoon?" You say in question. "Yes Miss. Y/n. It is currently 1:32 in the afternoon." She replied. "Thanks F.R.I.D.A.Y." Grogginess fills your voice. You heard a small laugh behind you. Turning around, you are met with a very nice looking Bucky. He's in a suit and tie waiting with roses in his hands. Then that's when it hits you.

You mentally face palm, and quickly say to him "Oh my god, Bucky I am so sorry. I completely forgot. There was a lot going on, and then I had a bad dream, and then I ended up not seeing you this morning, and now it's 1:30 in the afternoon and I'm not even awake and I just feel so bad because we planned this wh-" Bucky cut you off. "Hey, hey, there's no need to worry. How about we just stay home for our anniversary?" He paused setting the roses down and walked towards you. "Plus, you seem to be in a flunk."

"Yeah, I'm not in the right state of mind." You say, leaning against the counter. Folding your arms, your head lowers in sadness. The only thought in your head was 'dear god, I ruined our anniversary.' But for Bucky, this just gave him a great reason to get out of the suit he was wearing. "Doll, look at me." Bucky said, gently hooking a finger under your chin. "These things happen. There's gonna be plenty of other anniversaries." He smiled, leaning down to plant a gentle kiss upon your forehead.

You smiled, and turned around to finish making your coffee. Even at 1:30 in the afternoon, were you happy to drink the warm, caffeineated drink. As you were finishing the making of the drink, you felt Bucky's cold metal arm snake under your shirt, and around your waist. Leaning into the touch immediately. "I love you, Bucky. I really do, and I apologize for messing this up." He kisses your head, softly replying with, "It's alright, little one. There's nothing to say sorry for." You looked up at the soldier and gently kissed his lips. "I love you." He said quietly, adding one more kiss to your head.

"Your coffees done, little one. You might want to stop staring if you want it warm." He said with a light tone, and let go of your waist. You drank your coffee in peace with Bucky, and in the end your day got much better.