38 ~ Knock Before Enter

Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Reader

Warnings: Barging in, arguing, the tower being stubborn little shits and acts like they own Y/n's room

Prompt: Bucky x Reader for the prompt - "Do you know how to knock?"

A/N: This one was fun to write because I have always had this issue at my dads house 😂 no one knew how to read and they felt like they owned the place.

From the very beginning, no one in the tower had any boundaries. Every door was open, every one was never in their own rooms but you... you were alwasy in your room. Either studying, sleeping, eating, hell even just existing because everyone else was so loud. One of your favorite things to do in the comfort of your own room was to read, but when ever you sat down some one would barge in and make themselves at home.

No matter what you did whether it be to tell everyone to stay out of your room, or to be quiet when around your closed door. Nothing would work. But you had an idea... With all of the papers and posters you had stacked in your closet, the pens and markers you got for Christmas, and the stickers you had since you were a kid, your idea grew bigger. A knock before enter sign!

Slamming your book down on the table next to your chair, you gathered everything you needed for this sign. Including tape and glitter, you began working on your masterpiece that will hopefully silence the unannounced visits from the team.

While working, you couldn't help but think of your boyfriend, Bucky. The best boyfriend in the world! He was the only one you welcomed unannounced. He was not the most liked team member, but he grew on you the second you met him. He was a flirt and wooed you the moment you met eye contact.

"Go out and knock right now." You said not looking at the person. "Geez Y/n, why are you so rude today? Is it shark week?" It was Sam's voice. "No, I am just done with the fact the I don't have a lock and everyone wants to come into my room without knocking first! What if I was changing?? Or showering??" You shouted at him. His hands raised in surrender, and he backed away saying "Damn, ok then. See ya." You shooed him away, and you were grateful he shut the door after he left

Nat was next. "Y/N!!!" She yelled, barging in while you were coloring the sign. You agressivly slammed your marker on the table once again, and the red head looked quite surprised. "You good? You do look too happy." She said, her face looking like a kicked puppy. Sad, and offended. "No no one knows how to knock anymore. Every single person in this compound has no boundaries and I have had it! I have had enough. I am finally doing my part in protecting my privacy." Nat scoffed and walked away with a smirk on her face.

Finally, after an hour of creating a "Knock Before Enter!!" sign, you hung it proudly on your door and shut it with confidence. Having hope that the people of the tower have some respect for your privacy.

When sitting down to read, the tower knew not to bother you. But Bucky had an exception, yet even he still had to knock when you were reading. However, when your door opened, you slammed your book down. "DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO KNOCK??????"You practically screamed. Footsteps shuffled to a stop. "Uh... Dove?" Your eyes opened at the sound of his voice, and you sheepishly looked up from your lap. A guilty laugh escaped your throat, and Bucky slowly walked in. "Are you ok, little one?" You sighed, knowing he knew how stressed you were.

"You know you can talk to me." He said, kneeling in front of you. The door opened once again, and with a smirk on both yours and Bucky's lips, you both yelled, "KNOCK BEFORE ENTER!!!"