35 ~ You Always Came Back (1)

Pairing: Prince!James Barnes x Fem!Seamstress!Reader

Warnings: Mentions of bullets, mentions of stealing and killing, kisses, caressing of the back (?), some angst, mostly fluff!, needles, sewing

Prompts: You're my seamstress but I'm in love with you so I routinely fuck up my outfits to have an excuse to see you AU "Say my name and nothing else matters." "You look so beautiful under the moonlight." "You shouldn't be here"

Summary: Prince James Barnes has fallen for the towns seamstress. How many times can he screw up his uniforms just to see her?

A/n: This was exactly 1000 words! (It was my OCD so it doesn't really have a solid ending. But I hope you like it!)

It is a rare occasion to see the Prince in such a place as your home

It is a rare occasion to see the Prince in such a place as your home. It was a small chamber in the East tower of the palace. There was a pattern with Prince James. The first time he came, it was 2 months ago. He had brought in his Military uniform that had a bullet hole placed on the right arm.

"That would be an easy fix, Your Highness. If you would like to wait for a second, I can have this done in a small amount of time!" You said with a smile.

He nodded, and said "How long have you been working here? Surely my father would have told me we had our own seamstress." You let out a breathy laugh. "With all due respect sir,-" he held his hand up to silence you. "Call me James, miss." Smiling, you nodded and continued your sentence. "With all due respect James, your father has valid reasons not to mention me,"

"You see, my father was not a good man. He stole from the king, and was never put on trial. He killed so many people, yet still got away with it. I don't know what he did to save himself. But he is far away from here. I assume the people think I am just the same. I will have you know, that I sew gold buttons to clothing. I don't steal them."

That was not the only occasion the prince had come to you. The memory played back in your head as you hemmed your dear friends gown. The gold trimming shimmering in the moonlight from the window. The needle pulled in and out of the periwinkle pink fabric of the dress, as you hummed a tune your mother made. A knock at the door brought your hands to a stop. "The door is open!" You softly shouted from your seat by the window.

The door opened, and James entered. "Back again so soon? What can I help you with James?" You asked with a smile. Before James had the chance to say anything, you stood; Pulling him into a hug. He welcomed it, as he did not have any guards to stop you from approaching him. With a smile, you whispered in his ear, "Oh, how nice it is too see you again, James." He does not say anything in return. He stares into your eyes, as they sparkle in the luminescence of the moon. "You look so beautiful under the moonlight, little one." He whispered, as he tucked a stray strand of hair behind your ear.

Red tinted your cheeks, and your eyes shifted to the ground. "You, you don't mean that." You say with a soft chuckle. He tilts your chin, moving your gaze to meet his. "I meant every word." His smile was contagious, bringing a smile to your lips as well. Being so close to him brought butterflies to your stomach, leaving you in a puddle of adoration. "James, i'm just a seamstress. How could possibly you think someone like me is beautiful?" You asked in a quiet voice. His thumb brushed over your cheek, and he tilted forward. His lips coming dangerously close to yours.

"Run away with me. Let us escape this kingdom and never look back. I want to be with you for eternity." he mumbled, his hands sliding down your back and resting on your waist. "Please, dove. I lo-" Another knock sounded at your door. You could hear the metal clanking of the chained armor. Guards. "You shouldn't be here." You whispered in James's ear. You pushed him in the direction of your closet, and told him to be quiet.

"Hello, boys. How can I help you today?" You said, whilst opening the door to the guards. There were 2 of them. "Good evening, we saw the Prince come this way. The king has called for him. Have you by chance seen him?" Pursing your lips, you shook your head. "He stopped here no more than two mornings ago for a stitch fix, but I have not seen him since. Im sorry I am no help to you fellas." The two guards looked at each other, and chuckled. "Sweetheart, we didn't want to have to do this, but we will need to search your house. If you so much as harmed one hair on his he-" Foot steps sounded behind you.

"I think you should leave this beautiful woman alone. Steven, Samuel. Please return back to the king. Tell him that I am busy. That's an order." James said, as he appeared behind you. The look on the guards faces sure were a sight to see! "S-so sorry your Highness. We just th-" Once more, James cut him off. You couldn't hold back the giggle. His hand rested on your shoulder, and the men outside your door bid their farewells. As you shut the door, you wrapped your arms around his torso.

"Say my name and nothing else matters." He brushed his hand softly across your cheek. "Y/n, my sweet girl." You shook your head. "You are my home. You will always be my home. Ever since I met you, it was absolutely out of my mind to think that you would fancy me as much as you do. I was invisible. But now, the only place I want to be is in your arms. But the kingdom, your father, my job, how are we going to live? Where are we going to live? You are known across the land from here until who knows where! Maybe I should just marry the stable boy like my mother said, and you marry the princess from across the sea."

A small chuckle left his lips. "Oh, angel. I never wanted to marry that witch who lives across the sea. And I never want to see that stable boy near you. Why don't we introduce you to my father? He would adore you just as much as I, little one."