33~ Never Too Far From You

Pairing: TFATWS!Bucky x Reader

Warnings: Minor character death, choking, canon violence, mental questioning/mental struggles, gun mention, HYDRA, electro shock, but a Bucky that is really cute🥺

Summary: Bucky's been having a hard time lately, so he calls his "cuddle buddie." Something you and him arranged when in the tower.

Prompt: Character A calls Character B in the middle of the night crying - something they've never done before. They're several states away. [B] gets in the car without hesitation and drives to wherever they are.

A/n:  Dreams are in ITALIC.

It was another night that Bucky had come home from the bar

It was another night that Bucky had come home from the bar. Not drunk- but wanting to be. His days have never been harder. Sure, being controlled by HYDRA was miserable. However, being completely aware of his choices is harder than it seems. Choosing to wake up in the morning, choosing what to eat, choosing when to eat. It had gotten exhausting. He had been so used to control his whole life, he feels almost gone without it.

It was another nightmare that woke him up again.

It was the engineer. The builder of his arm. The woman who was the only one who cared about him and his well being. She was kind-hearted, gentle, had soft facial features. Overall, Bucky was very fond of her. After coming back from one mission in particular, he was forced into the chair he hated most. " Sir, he's...he's unstable. Erratic" He heard. He was mad. He was enraged. The man on the bridge that he was forced to fight... he had seen him before. He had met him. He swore it.

"Soldat, be calm for me. Please?" The woman said to him, gently grabbing a hold of his hand. His gaze moved to her calming chocolate brown eyes, and he lowered himself back into the chair. She reassuringly smiled, and continued to work on his arm.

"Mission report." Bucky didn't look up. Not responding to Secretary Pierce. "Mission report now." Whack. Buckys head was thrown to the side, his cheek stinging from the strike Pierce gave him. The woman jumped at the slap and Bucky instinctively closed his hand around the womens hand. His courage of grasping her delicate hand gave him the courage he needed to talk to his real enemy.

"The man on the bridge..." The image of a yellow haired man calling him Bucky. "Who was he?" Soldat finished with a huff. Being told that he met him on an earlier mission was a surprise. "But I knew him." He adds with a sad smile. The woman moves away from the soldier to put the tools away, but was pulled back by Bucky.

Pierce ignores this action as he turns to the other people that filled the room. "Prep him." A man with a clip bored and lab coat worryingly replied, "He's been out of cryo-freeze too long" Bucky stood from the seat, his fear and adrenaline taking over. The womens hand began to crack as Buckys iron grip squoze tighter. Her other hand desperately tried to hit his arm away, but failed.