Chapter 9

Jisung looked down at him, frowning. “You have a girlfriend?” He asked. Minho nodded, sighing. “Is it a girlfriend you’ve been forced to be with?”

Minho nodded again. “Yeah, she is… need the whole backstory?”

“If you want to tell me, go ahead.”

“Well… we met back in high school and we became friends, Kyungmi and I. My mom met her and became obsessed with her. Suddenly, my mom was convinced we were dating and that we were meant for each other. Didn’t help that I agreed to be her date to a dance, but it mostly was because I couldn’t get my own date, because I wasn’t out as gay. I guess she was in love with me and was convinced that I loved her. Suddenly I found myself with her saying she was my girlfriend, trying to kiss me, do other things romantic partners do. If I wasn’t very convincing, I’m certain she would’ve managed to move in with me here.”

Jisung frowned, hugging him. Minho sighed, looking down. “That sounds bad… she sounds bad.”

Minho nodded sadly. “A new issue has arised recently… My mom really wants me to marry her and to have kids. Like, she wants biological grandchildren, not adopted. The issue is that I don’t love my ‘girlfriend’ like that and…” he bit his lip, looking away. “And, that I’m ace. A-Asexual.” Jisung grabbed his hand, gently rubbing it’s back. “D-Do I need to explain to you what asexuality is?”

Jisung shook his head. “I know what it is.”

Minho looked up at him, smiling softly before his smile faded, going back to a frown. “Kyungmi keeps making sexual advances towards me whenever I see her, which is almost always against my own will. I get very uncomfortable, and always try to stop her. It thankfully has always worked. But it doesn’t stop her. She always asks why I don’t do sexual things with her, as she thinks that I should be excited someone wants to have those things with. She doesn’t understand that I’m just not like that, and I doubt she ever will.”

Jisung frowned. “I feel sorry you have to deal with all of that. I’m certain you feel good getting this off your chest though.”

Minho smiled again, moving closer to Jisung. “I’ve never felt comfortable with sexual tension, it makes me feel awkward and suffocated. It just hurts a lot knowing my own friend and mother wouldn’t accepting of me being gay and ace. At least I have you…”

Jisung smiled at him. "I’m glad you could trust me with this information.”

Minho smiled brightly, leaning into Jisung. They said nothing, the only noise that surrounded them was the soft snores and purrs of the cats. Other than that, there was silence between them. It wasn’t awkward, but more of a comfort. Jisung looked down at him, frowning. Minho looked up confused. Jisung stuck a hand out, gently wiping away the tears from Minho’s face.

Minho blushed softly, moving away from him when he saw how close they were. Jisung smiled again, moving close to him, gently placing a hand onto his cheek. Minho began to panic, looking up at Jisung. Minho’s eyes suddenly widened, gasping very loudly.

“NO! I JUST REMEMBERED THAT THING! GOSH DANGIT!”

Jisung looked concerned. “What’s happening?”

“I just remembered that I’m supposed to drive out and stay with my mom this weekend. She always makes me do it and won’t let me skip. Even worse, Kyungmi is going to be there. Those two are basically best friends, and I feel like they just want me to live a terrible life!”

Jisung frowned. “No way to skip?”

"Nope! My mom would be so mad and even threaten to not pay for my rent. It… sucks.” Minho looked down. He looked up at Jisung, grabbing his hand. “Jisung, could you come with me? I know this is sudden, but I really don’t want to face them alone.”

Jisung smiled at him. “I’ll come with you. Don’t worry.”

Minho let out a small sigh of relief, smiling at him. “Thank you. You don’t know how much this means to me.”

Jisung hugged him. He suddenly gasped happily, remembering something. “There’s a fair this Friday. Do you want to go there so you can have some fun before meeting with your mom? Together”

Minho nodded, his cheeks turning pink. “Sure! Why not? J-Just us two… alone! Having fun! S-Sounds perfect a-and amazing!”

“I’m gonna go make us food in your kitchen. Is that okay?”

Minho nodded. “Y-yeah, it’s fine.” Jisung got out of his bed. “I-I’ll help!”

Jisung glared, pushing him into the bed. He grabbed the blankets, covering him. “No. You’re gonna sit here and cuddle the cats. I’m making this alone.... You want tea?”

Minho blushed. “Y-yes please.”

Jisung smiled, a blush creeping onto his cheeks. “I’ll go make food now.” He left him in the room, going to the kitchen.

Minho buried his face into his hands, screaming internally. He felt himself grow red, mentally cursing himself out. He looked down at the cats, smiling softly. He relaxed into the bed, sighing happily to himself.

High-key projecting myself onto Minho. Ace gang, where y'all at?

! Emberly !