Chapter 23

Zane and Aphmau hide in the ally behind a dumpster, "It seems like security has been increased," Aphmau states as she peeks her head out. Zane could hear footsteps and quickly grab Aphmau to hide, peeking slightly to see Guards stops at the ally, look around. Zane pulls his head back and listens as the guard walks away. "They're checking the alleyways, we won't be able to hide here," Zane explains as he lets out a sigh of relief.

Aphmau thinks for a moment, "We have to go through the boardwalk," Aphmau says as Zane's eyes widen. "Are you crazy? With this many guards walking around, we might as well just give ourselves up," Zane says, not feeling confident in Aphmau's plan. "Do you trust me?" Aphmau asks, Zane was hesitant to answer truthfully but nods his head, "Do I have a choice," Zane answers jokingly.

Aphmau smiles as she puts her hood on, "Take off the mask," Aphmau says, "What? Why?" Zane asks, bringing his hands up to cover his mask as if feeling exposed. "We need to blend in, and wearing a mask it's that common, especially since you're picture is with the mask on, it'll be easier to them to find you," Aphmau explains. Zane grumbles, knowing Aphmau is right and takes off the mask.

Aphmau stares at Zane, squinting her eyes as Zane was starting to feel embarrassed, his pale face turning red. "What?" Zane asks, putting his hands on his cheeks to cover his freckles. "You're still recognizable, I think it's the hair," Aphmau says. "Oh no, I'm not revealing my eyes," Zane says as he crosses his arms. "Zane, do you want to get out of here alive? To find everyone? To find Garroth?" Aphmau asks, already knowing the answer as she grabs a hairband from her wrist.

Zane just signs, grabbing the hairband from Aphmau, and goes to put his hair in a small ponytail, moving the rest behind his hair that wasn't long enough. Zane's grey blind right eye being revealed, along with his freckles, "There, now you're not as easy to recognize," Aphmau says and smiles. "Let's test our luck before we get caught," Zane says, still feeling embarrassed and expose as he walks out of the alleyway with Aphmau following.

They walk down the path, avoiding all eye contact, keeping their heads down, and even getting further away whenever a guard would walk past. Aphmau kept a hold on Zane's jacket, not wanting to accidentally get lost, especially since she kept her head down the most, not being able to see what's ahead of her.

"Aphmau looks," Zane says, tapping Aphmau on the shoulder, pointing at something. Aphmau turns to what he was pointing at, which was a scene intercome as it was speaking.

If you have any information about the suspects in question, please notify your Starlight part guide.

Zane and Aphmau walk closer, recognizing the pictures on the screen, Zianna and Aaron, as there was also a picture of Garroth and Zane on the screen. "This woman was last seen with the Ultima. If you see her, or her two sons, contact the authorities immediately. "Mom..." Zane mumbles, "They weren't caught, do you think that they got everyone else?" Aphmau asks, keeping her voice down. "No, we escaped and our pictures aren't on there, there's a chance that some of the others escaped as well. This just means that they're only focused on Aaron and my mom, as well as family members of them, probably so they can use us to bait them in," Zane explains as they continue walking, still keeping his voice down.

"But...none of Aaron's family's picture were up there, they must've gotten caught," Zane adds, "Oh no..." Aphmau mumbles, feeling the tears welling up in her eyes. "Aphmau, where do you think Aaron would go?" Zane asks, all of a sudden feeling a shiver as he turns. "What?" Aphmau asks, turning her head to see what he was looking at. "Someone is staring, I can feel it..." Zane mumbles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaron and Zianna follow the dirt path in a part of the forest that Zianna didn't recognize, "Aaron, are you sure this is the right way sweetie?" Zianna asks, keeping her voice calm and nice, "Yeah, I walked this path with Aphmay before," Aaron explains but before he could say more, he stays silents when hearing a pair of footsteps.