Chapter 9

About 2 hours have pasted trying to teach Zane how to move his ears and tail at will, having to learn how to move them to adjust to the bones and to be able to hide them. Aphmau and Garroth decided to go out to buy something to eat, "Okay, try dropping one ear but leave one up," Aaron explains as Zane sits up, his head starting to heart a bit as his back was aching.

Zane dropped both of his ears but was having a difficult time raising one of the two. His left twitched a bit before slowly raising it up. "You've done great Zane. I think that should be it for the day, we'll continue tomorrow after you get some rest. Also, Aphmau and Garroth will be back soon with the food," Aaron says as he closes the book. Zane sighs in relief and lets his ears drop. "Why do wolves need to learn how to move their ears at will? Besides needing to learn so that they can learn to hide their ears,"

"It's a good way for wolves to their true emotions, depending on the situation," Aaron explains. "An example would be if a wolf was in a fight, they hide their fear and instead show that they'll put up a fight, to hopefully scare the person off," Aaron explains. "I guess that makes sense," Zane says and gets up, stretching his back as a crack could be heard. Aaron felt a shiver go down his spine, "That's gross," Aaron comments.

"Werewolves hear are also more sensitive right? Since they're hearing is more advance then a normal human," Zane states as Aaron nods, scratching his ears a bit. Zane smiles maliciously and starts to crack his fingers, making Aaron flinch. "Stop! I hate that!" Aaron shouts as he covers his ears. Zane laughs and stops, "Sorry, just playing around," Zane says and puts his hands down.

"Are all werewolves effected by cracking bones?" Zane asks, "No, I just find it gross," Aaron explains. "But stuff like high pitched noises that humans can't hear can definitely be used against werewolves, it can even cause damages to their ears. Depending on how loud the pitch is and the strength of our hearing," Aaron explains. "I see, so like a dog whistle. Loud pitches that humans can't hear but werewolves can, which can cause them pain and could cause damages to the ears," Zane adds, "exactly," Aaron says.

"Any other questions?" Aaron asks, "I want to ask a non-werewolf related question" Zane explains, making Aaron confused. "Okay, shoot,"

"When are you going to pop the big question to Aphmau?" Zane asks, referring to the marriage purpose that Aaron has been planning since the beginning of vacation. Aaron's ears dropped, "I know I'm going to soon, I just don't know when exactly," Aaron response as he scratches the back of his neck.

"Well, no one is trying to hurry you, I was just curious," Zane explains, feeling guilty for asking, feeling as if he just put pressure on Aaron. "We're back!!!" Aphmau shouts as he carries take out boxes with Garroth helping her. "We got tacos!!" Garroth shouts excitedly, "Great, we just finished class for the day," Aaron explains before going upstairs to his bedroom, to put away the book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following day Aaron and Aphmau went walking around the stores of the island, buying some groceries. As Aphmau and Aaron chatted, Aphmau came to a stop and turned towards the water sprinklers that turned on. Her lights up with excitement as she smiled brightly, Aaron lets out a chuckle and grabs the grocery bags from her hands.

"Go," Aaron says before Aphmau goes running towards the sprinklers. Aaron smiles and laughs as Aphmau jumps around, playing with the water as if she was a kid. Aaron smiles and just bask in the moment. Aphmau's childish personality is one of why Aaron really loves her.

Aaron looks around to find a Starlight merch store. Aaron smiles, turning to Aphmau to make sure she wasn't paying attention before entering the store. Aaron looked around, finding mostly knickknacks but he wanted to buy something that he would be able to keep. Aaron walks to the back of the store where he found some starlight shirts in different colors.