Chapter 4

Derek lied down on the beach chairs with his wife by the edge of the boat to watch the sky, trying to relax but he was restless. Derek lets out a sigh and sits up, "Derek? Are you okay?" Rachel asks, sitting up also and turns to Derek. Luckily it was only the two of them outside at the moment, Sylvana and Eric are inside the kitchen preparing some snacks for them.

"No," Derek answers honestly, trusting his wife full heartily, "The fact that Zack is here is bothering me. It irks me to know why," Derek explains. "Derek, you should wait until Garte gets here," Rachel suggests as she sits puts a hand on his shoulder.

"That's something that I'm also afraid of. If Garte finds out what happened to Zane, he's going to take the two of them away and leave, not wanting to speak with us anymore. Not to mention, leave us to deal with the problem alone," Derek says as he rubs his temples.

"Garte was also involved with what happened and has to take his part of responsibility, he can't run away forever. But, we can try to teach Zane how to hide his ears. It doesn't seem like Aaron and his pack are doing much to help him," Rachel explains. "I guess so," Derek says.

"We made fruit salad and strawberry puffs!" Sylvana exclaims as she walks in with Eric following. "Delicious. Thank you guys," Rachel says as Sylvana puts down the bowl of cut-up fruits on the table as Eric puts down his tray of strawberry puffs.

"We're starting to run low on strawberries," Eric states as he eats a piece of pineapple from the bowl. "You should try making your blueberries puff," Sylvana suggests to which Eric agrees to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, everyone was at Starlight, lining up at food booths to buy something to eat. Zane and Garroth stood in line for hotdogs. Each hotdog was 2 dollars, so Zane reaches in his pocket to grab his wallet but came to the realization that he left it back at the boat. "Umm, I'm gonna go head back to the boat real quick," Zane says as he gets out of the line.

"Why?" Garroth asks, "I forgot my wallet," Zane answers, "I can pay," Garroth suggests as he holds his wallet in hand. Zane was considering it but remembered that Garroth wasted money on werewolf shorts and pants for Zane. "No, it's fine," Zane says and quickly walks off so Garroth doesn't stop him.

It was a pretty long way back to the boat but Zane makes it to the boat, Derek, Rachel, Sylvana, and Eric turns to him. "Everything alright?" Eric asks, "Yup, just forgot something," Zane responds and goes inside to his bedroom. Derek gets up and goes inside to speak with Zane, "Zane," Derek calls to him as Zane exits his room with his wallet in hand.

"Yeah?" Zane questions, "I was thinking of teaching you how to hide your ears," Derek suggests. "Sir, I appreciate that but I'm still not able to move them on my own, and when they do move it hurts," Zane explains. "Yes, moving your ears and tail does take some new muscles that are you going to get to learn how to get used to and move. But, we really need to teach you how to hide your ears and fast," Derek explains as Zane gives him a confused look.

"Why such a hurry? I have Aaron and his pack to teach me, and taking it slow should help more," Zane explains but Derek shakes his head. "Zane, your father, and mother will be coming soon," Derek announces as Zane's eye widen. "Wait, why?!" Zane questions, accidentally raising his voice but puts a hand over his mouth to show he didn't mean it.

"I also invited them to take a vacation. Garte and Zianna are close friends of mine, Rachel, Sylvana, and Eric, it just feels wrong without them here," Derek explains. "Do they know the Ultima secret?" Zane asks, "Of course they do. Garte and I have been good friends for many years, since college and when he got married, I allowed him to share the secret with his wife, knowing there should be no secrets between a married couple," Derek explains.