Chapter 7

Aaron eyes wide as he slowly pulled his hand away, making Aphmau feel extremely guilty. Tears started to fall but she quickly wiped them away. "I told you it was a stupid question..." Aphmau mutters, "I shouldn't have asked, I'm sorry," Aphmau adds and starts to walk towards the kitchen but Aaron stops her.

"I was the one who told you to be open with me, I just...didn't expect this," Aaron explains, trying to comfort Aphmau but it didn't help, just making her feel even more guilt. "I'm not mad, just surprised..." Aaron adds. "I'm sorry. It's just, it's been on my mind lately and I felt like I needed to tell you," Aphmau explains.

Aaron stays silent for a moment, thinking but then spoke, "Then let's talk about it..." Aaron says hesitantly. Aphmau seemed surprised, "A-Are you sure?" She asks, Aaron smiles and nods. Aaron goes to the living room and sits down on the couch with Aphmau following, sitting next to him.

They both stayed silent for a minute, "I don't know how to begin..." Aphmau states, feeling a bit awkward. "Let's start off with, how long have you been thinking like this?" Aaron asks, "It was only recently when I learned about how a complicated an interspecies relationship is," Aphmau explains. "Oh, so you've been getting that too..." Aaron comments and Aphmau nods.

"I can't lie when I've also been thinking about our relationship...I just didn't think that...turning you would be the solution," Aaron says, his voice fading at the last part. "No! No! I know that there are other ways to walk through the issue but..." Aphmau says out a sigh, thinking about what she'll say first before speaking.

"We've been together since high school, although not in a relationship all the way through, we were still close to each other. Throughout everything, you helped me grow into the strong person I am, the person I've become. But, when I found out more about you, it didn't matter to me, because I still love you, my love grows for you every single day and I already accepted the fact that it always will for the rest of my life," Aphmau smiles as Aaron help his heartbeat fasten.

"I've made lots of mistakes in our relationships and I still do, but I've been very forgetful of your feelings lately...I've said things that hurt you and now I asked that question..." Aphmau sighs and puts her hand down, covering his hand with her hand. "Aphmau, it's okay. I'm not mad," Aaron shifts closer to her, moving her bands. "I'd let you know if there's anything bothering me, and we'll work through them," Aaron explains.

Aphmau lifts up her head, "I know, that's why I never doubted our relationship," Aphmau comments. "Then why are you thinking like this?" Aaron asks, "Because I'm scared that I'm going to hurt you. Every time I'm panicked on how my actions will affect you or Zane. I'm not worried about losing you, or Zane, just the thought of hurting you more than I already have..." Aphmau voice trails off as he stares at the scars on Aaron's chest. "I just want to make sure it never happens, which is why I want this," Aphmau explains.

"Aph, you and I are always going to have small prob-"

"I know, and we work through them," Aphmau cuts in, "I love that no matter what happens we pass it by the end of the day. I can myself spending the rest of my life with you, and I'm never asking you again. I want you to turn me," Aphamu smiles as she grabs her hand, but was confused by the look of terror on Aaron's face.

"A-Aph..." Aaron tightens his grip on Aphmau's hand, "H-He asked me the same time..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zane stayed in his bedroom, wondering what was happening downstairs between Aphmau and Aaron after accidentally overhearing somethings went wanting to get some snacks but decided not to disturb them.

Zane just lets out a sigh and lies on his side but sits back up again when hearing the door open. He turns to see Garroth walking in, "Hey Zane, do you know what's going on between Aph and Aaron?" Garroth asks but Zane shakes his head. "I accidentally walked in on them having a conversation on the couch when I was entering the house, I hope they're okay, but they both looked upset," Garroth explains and goes to sit next to Zane.