Chapter 8

Derek waited by the docks early morning, watching as the boat was close to it's stop. After a few minutes, the boat came to a stop and out stepped Garte and Zianna. "Rachel!!" Zianna shouted in excitement and runs over to Rachel, pulling her into a hug. Rachel hugs back as Derek and Garte shake hands.

Garte shakes hands with Rachel as Zianna hugged Derek. "It's so good to see you two again," Rachel, "If only it was on welcoming circumstances," Derek adds as Garte agrees, but Zianna steps in. "I know the importance of our situation but we just got off an 8 hour and a 24-hour boat ride," Zianna states, "Can we not relax?" Zianna asks, "But sweetie-"

"She's right," Derek says, cutting off Garte. Garte turned to Derek, seeming really confused, due to the fact that whenever there was an important situation, they would immediately try to deal with it. "At the moment, no movement has been made by Zack, Micheal, nor Elizabeth. I think it's only correct to let you two settle in and rest," Rachel explains and helps Zianna with her luggage.

"Yayy!" Zianna cheered while Garte still seemed unsure. Garte always acted more mature as Zianna acted more childish, but some of her childish ways have rubbed on Garte during their years of marriage. "How about a nice restaurant?" Derek suggests but was interrupted by a sudden cry of excitement.

"Oh, my Irene!! Could it be?!" Everyone turned to see Sylvanna and Eric, Sylvanna seeming very surprised and excited to see her old and best friend, Zianna. Zianna's eyes widen as she quickly runs to Sylvanna. They both hugged each other tightly, "I had no idea you were coming!!" Sylvanna exclaims, "I had no idea that you had no idea I was coming!!" Zianna exclaims, their high pitched squeals were starting to get annoying.

"Well, before we go out to get breakfast, let me show you two to your room," Rachel says and carries Zianna luggages as Derek helps with Garte luggages. "By the way, where are Garroth and Zane?" Garte asks, making Derek flinch slightly. "Aw, I can't wait to see my Gar-Gar and Zu-Zu!!' Zianna explains, calling Garroth and Zane by their nicknames.

Derek stayed silent for a couple of seconds, glancing at Rachel but too couldn't come up with an excuse on the spot. "Uhh...Zane, Garroth joined Aaron and Aphmau to go back to the resort," Derek answers, "That's weird. Why would they want to leave this beautiful resort, full of such fun activities?" Zianna questioned.

"Well, you already know Aaron's big proposal plan, so he wanted to go back to the resort where he'll have a spot set up to purpose to Aphmau, a-and Zane and Garroth decided to uh help..." Derek lies and opens the bedroom, setting down the luggages.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zane walks out of the bathroom, his hair and tail dripping wet from taking a shower as he wrapped his towel around his tail to dry it. "Ugh, so annoying," Zane mutters, finding it annoying on how much it takes to dry his tail, although his fur is soft, it's really thick, which causes some problems such as: it takes longer for to dry; and it tangles a lot, so it's an annoyance to brush.

Zane goes to his bedroom, after drying his tail and hair, he hangs the towel and goes to sit on his bed. Zane notices that hair was covering his sheets, Zane was confused and tried to brush them away but it pretty difficult. "Shit, I think I'm shedding," Zane groans in announce and decides to go downstairs, not wanting to lie down on an itchy bed.

Zane finds Aaron in the kitchen, making breakfast and Garroth sat at the table with his phone, "Morning Zane," Aaron greets, "Morning. Where's Aphmau?" Zane asks, "She went out, said she was going to collect something," Aaron responded. "What are you making?" Zane asks, and looks over, "Omelets," Aaron responds. "Have you been practicing to hide your ears?" Garroth suddenly asks, Zane walks over and takes a seat next to him.