Chapter 13

at Garroth, Dottie, and Ryland stayed frozen in place, staying silent, not sure what to do as Zane was panicking and Travis was confused. "How is this possible...?" Travis questions, "Uh, it was a potion accident..." Zane lies but Travis quickly doesn't buy it. "No, you've been wearing that hat for days now, hiding your ears. If it was a simple potion accident, it wouldn't last 24 hours," Travis states, feeling anger that Zane is lying.

Travis turns to Garroth and walks up to him, grabbing his face and makes him bend down to see the top of his head. "Are you hiding them as well?!" Travis questions and walks behind Garroth, lifting the back of his shirt. Garroth pulls away, "No I'm not a werewolf!" Garroth says. "Then what's going on?! First Aaron and now Zane?" Travis was confused and even slightly frighten, not sure he should believe any of their words if they tried to explain it.

"Travis, if I could explain it would," Zane says and turns to Garroth, Garroth shakes his head as Zane then turns to Dottie and Ryland, the two still not sure what to do. "But I can't," Zane finishes and grabs the plushie, running off as Garroth, Dottie, and Ryland follows. Travis stood there, dumbfounded, and turns to see Lucinda by the buffet table, drinking a soda as she seemed tired from dancing.

Travis thinks for a moment before walking up to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aphmau and Aaron sat by the fire to keep warm, holding each other hands as Aphmau stares down the ring, smiling widely. "Do you like it?" Aaron asks, "It's not the ring that I like, it's the fact that it symbolizes we're gonna be together forever. I really can't imagine it any other way," Aphmau explains and rests her head on Aaron's shoulder.

"I can't believe we're engaged..." Aphmau adds, "I can't believe you actually said yes..." Aaron mutters, making Aphmau confused. "Did you think  I would say no?" Aphmau asks, "Well after everything, I just thought that..." Aaron's voice trails off. "Well stop thinking like that, after everything we've been through, I'm never going to give up on us," Aphmau says and smiles.

I can't wait to tell everyone...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zane quickly runs back to the house with Garroth, Dottie, and Rylan following him. When entering the house, Zane quickly checked if it was clear to speak, but no one seemed to be in sight. "What are we going to do?" Zane asks, turning to Garroth, Dottie, and Rylan, who were just as clueless as he was. "I don't know, I don't think there's anything we can do," Garroth says, making Zane feel frustrated.

"Should we just try explaining it to Travis that the situation doesn't involve him, and to keep quiet about this?" Dottie suggests but Zane shakes his head. "I don't think Travis will agree to be kept in the dark," Zane says and Garroth agrees. "We can either reveal the Ultima secret and hope he keeps quiet about it or avoid him at all," Garroth suggests to which was an easy choice.

"Avoid him at all cost, we can't reveal the Ultima secret to anyone, at least without Derek, Rachel, and Aaron's permission," Zane says and Dottie and Rylan agree. "We should call Aaron and tell him," Garroth says and starts to pull out his phone, but Zane quickly pulls it away. "No, right now Aphmau and Aaron are in a very important moment," Zane says, reminding Garroth about the proposal.

"We should wait until he gets back, but right now we can't ruin their moment. They don't need to deal with any more stress," Zane says and Garroth agrees, taking the phone back and put it away. "Should we tell Derek and Rachel? Or Melissa?" Rylan asks and Zane shakes his head, "I'm afraid of what they'll do if we tell them," Zane answers. "We should just wait until Alpha gets back," Dottie says.

"In the meantime, we should inform everyone else, so if Travis questions them, they'll know what to do," Zane says, and Garroth nods. "I'll text Lucinda and Kim," Garroth says as he pulls out his phone away and Dottie pulls out her. "I'll text Daniel and Blaze," Dottie says and Zane nod, feeling an empty pit grow in his stomach.