Shin

Shin, son of the water and insect Hashira, is finally of age to take part in the Final Selection. Being the son of Two Pillars, he is extremely powerful. His parents were arguing whether he should take part in it or not.

Shinobu: No! Giyuu you know how dangerous the Final Selection is!

Giyuu: He'll be fine. He is our son after all.

Shinobu: I won't let him join and that's final! The reason I continued to be a demon slayer was for his sake! So he could live a normal life!

Shin overheard his parents arguing about this. When he heard his mother won't let him join the Final Selection, he was very sad. He thought his mother doesn't have faith in his skills. Then Giyuu noticed he was feeling down and he talked to him.

Giyuu: Shin. Let's talk.

Shin: What is it Otōsan?

Giyuu: You look down. Why?

Shin: I overheard you arguing with mother. She doesn't trust my skills to pass in the Final Selection right?

Giyuu: It's not like that. You know the story about what happened to your aunt and my friends right? Your mother is just concerned for you. Since you were born, she always wanted to stay by your side. She even considered quitting the Demon Slayer Corps but she didn't just so you can live a normal life. It's not that she thinks little of your skill, she's just worried about you.

Shin: I see. I'm sorry for thinking that way. But I still wanna join the Final Selection though.

Giyuu: Well you are prohibited from joining it. But that won't stop you right?

Shin looked at his father with glee. Giyuu knows he's gonna sneak out of the house. Giyuu was scared of his wife (Shinobu has showed her real self to Giyuu since Shin was born) that's why he make it seemed like Shin went on his own.