'quack in a shack'

Chapter three
~~~Nadine~~~

'i saw a shooting star, and wished for all the happiness I could get, I guess I got my wish because you showed up at my doorstep'

             Harry's surprise at seeing me suddenly starts to annoy me.

Lottie looses her hand from Harry's grip and runs up to me, I pull her into a bone crushing hug.

I turn my attention back to Harry with a raised brow "surprised"

Anger flashes through his eyes, a frown etched on his face. "What are you do....." Shaking his head he turns to Carolyn "what is she doing here?"

With all attention back on her, Carolyn tenses up "um. This is Nadine and she's one of the models for the new line of clothing"

He runs a hand through his hair and a few strands fall magestically on his face. "But why her?. Don't we have enough models"

Carolyn looks confused "I'm sorry sir, I just thought we could use a fres....."

I cut her off infuriated "you sick fuck, if I had known you were the airhead boss I wouldn't have come here. And you don't have to worry about me anymore because I quit"

Hanging out with kelisha had definitely affected my vocabulary.

Not minding that the whole room is staring at me I huff grabbing my bag and child and then as proudly as I could be, I walked out of the place.

************************************

The very next day,with a cup of coffee in my hands and a smile on my lips I mail back the dress with an apology letter to Carolyn because I am so nice.

I can't stay there knowing he's going to be there.

Watching me....
With those beautiful green eyes of his...

well back to the drawing board for a new job.

It's Saturday and I'm sitting with a newspaper trying to find a job.

Archaic?. I know

If it were a typical Saturday kelisha and I would be in the mall while Jared looks after Lottie or we would all be going on a spontaneous trip courtesy, Jared.

Who's Jared you may ask.

He's my other bestfriend, the Dora the explorer of our little group.

I've known Jared since I moved to New York from Tennessee, so roughly five years now.

Being few years older than I was, he was more understanding than my own parents were about teen pregnancy and didn't judge me like I felt people would.

I met kelisha a year later at a coffee shop when she decided to give a long ass speech about sexism when the waiter had simply asked her if she wanted more sugar to go with her coffee.