'jalisha'

Chapter seventeen
~~nadine~~

        "They expect so much from me,    Put me up high and make me lead. When will you understand that I'm still a kid "

Breathe in, breathe out .

"It's okay, You're okay. Just follow my voice back to reality"

     Taking deep breaths I do as I'm told, still trying to place the voice.

My vision starts to clear and I turn around to face miranda.

    She rubs my back, a sympathetic look on her face. Taking my hand she pulls me off the ground.

Steading myself by leaning on the wall I give her a small smile. "I'm fine"

It comes out hoarse.

"It's normal for people to feel dizzy before court cases, we should get you to sit down and rest a bit before the case starts"

Just then Lisha makes her way over to us, kaiden trailing behind her.

"You guys spent a awful lot of time standing by this corner" she gives me a once over "are you okay?"

"Yeah, just blacked out for a while"

"Ohh" she hands me a bottle of water,  I notice her right hand is laced in kaiden's and it causes me to smile.

    Kaiden and kelisha had been dating for a week now. I know it's seems like i'm celebrating early since their still in their honeymoon phase but kaiden is the first guy she's dating since I've known her.

   She never got too serious with her flings, it was either a one night thing or a frequent booty call.

I've always thought that she was secretly inlove with Jared and didn't know how to tell him so she just got the flings to take her mind off him, but there are times when that idea seems invalid.

Kelisha also likes her liberty and she thinks dating someone is the same as watching a movie over and over again. It eventually gets boring.

So you could imagine my surprise when I catch them in a pretty intense make out session and she tells me that they're dating, I was thrilled that she actually thought of settling down but I couldn't also say I wasn't jealous.

I mean kaiden is super hottt.

I'm glad that if anyone got to date him, it's my bestfriend.

"Hey guys" Jared says walking up to us.

Kelisha instantly groans "are we having some kind of get together in this corner"

Ignoring her, Jared gives kaiden some weird type of bro-handshake.

I eye him for any sign of jealousy.

   When kelisha told him about her dating kaiden he bursted into laughter and when he finally calmed down muttered a 'sucks to be him' before walking off.

He's been pretty cool with the relationship squashing all my 'Jalisha' dreams.

"Harry just arrived, they're about to start"

My breath hitches up in my throat and I take a swing out of the bottle in my hands.

As you can guess, harry was late to a court meeting he set.

And he wants to raise a kid

Probably noticing my mood change, Jared gives me a hug "you'll do okay, the judge's gonna be crazy not to see that you'll be a suitable parent for Charlotte"