'I call him jay'

Chapter fourteen
~~Nadine~~

        Pre-lottie era.

'lonely is a room I'm way too familiar with.'

  They all know.

The eyes.

They can tell.

They're watching me.

Judging me.

They don't know what I've been through.

Slam.

"Thanks keep the change" I whisper handing the driver a wad of cash.

His brown eyes widen as he grips the fat wad cash.

"I can't" he pushes the cash back to me shaking his head.

I shake my head nervously folding the cash in his hand. "Please. It's the least I can do, you drove me around throughout today when you could have easily left me at a random hotel and be off on your business"

He smiles taking money from me. "It was a pleasure spending time with you."

I've only been in New York for ten hours and boy has it been a quite a joyride.

Being born and breed in Tennessee I'd never left the sweet comfort of my home.

   Its mainly attributed to the fact that I was so scared of changing sceneries and environment and frankly if I wasn't, my parents would never let me go.

Well, good riddance to them.

So far, moving to New York has been one of my best decisions. Which isn't saying much because I'm prone to making Terrible decisions.

The child inside me is a living testimony.

Now don't get me wrong, I love my unborn child (just not her father) which is why I moved fourteen hours to begin a new life with him or her (my child) away from the toxic hands of my parents.

Speaking of moving...

I tug on the handle of my traveling bags in an attempt to move it out of the way. But since the two bags carry all my life in them it's proving a tad bit difficult for me.

I let out a huff, blowing the strands of hair that have fallen out of my bun due to the intensity of the wind.

Someone steps into my view placing a hand on one of the traveling bags.

"Let me help you with that" a male voice says.

Blonde hair trapped in a beanie, blue sparkling eyes and a charming smile. He doesn't seem like a kidnapper.

But then Looks can be deceiving

Does he know?.

Oh my God I'm one month into my pregnancy and my bump is already present.

It's probably all those fried chicken I had earlier on.

I give him a small smile as he assists me to move my luggage out of the way.

"Thanks" I breathe.

He shrugs "so where are you off too, it's kinda dangerous for you to be out here...with your things...ya'know out in the open"

I let out a laugh gesturing to the diner behind us "I came here to grab something to eat"

He raises a brow. Probably wondering why I came to a diner with all my stuffs.

"I'm meeting a friend" I add.

"Ohh—well I'm going in too. Why don't we sit together till your friend comes"

I give him a skeptical look before nodding.

"I'm Jared by the way" he says giving me a hand shake.

"Nadine"

   We both walk into the diner both of us ordering out different meals.

I choose a seat further from most tables, Jared shoots  me a questionable glance but I brush it off.

We talk for a while but eat quietly when the food arrives.

"So" he says wiping the corners of his lips with a napkin. "Seems like your guy stood you up"

I let out a nervous laugh. "How do you know it's a guy. It could have been a girl or my freaking grandpa"

He smirks "technically, your grandpa is still a guy"

I roll my eyes "not the point Jay"

Yes I call him Jay now.

Once I got past the fact that he could be a serial killer, talking to Jared was fun.

Being two years older than me he was in his second year in college and was in an apartment close to campus. I also learnt that he's very adventurous and would like to travel the world once he's done with college.

The only thing I could call a  dangerous adventure for me would be driving a little bit past the speed limit and getting away without a ticket.

"Seriously though, you must be tired of waiting"

I sigh "well you see. there's no guy"

"So a girl?" He states.

I give him a flat look, but can tell he wasn't really serious about his statement.

"Yeah. I started to doubt your story when we were one hour into dinner and no one showed up. Or even called"

I chuckle "so you've just been sitting here laughing with me when you knew I was lying about waiting for someone"

"I liked your company so I thought what the heck. I might just stay with you for a while"

I grin at the compliment "I actually just moved here from Tennessee, which explains the luggage with me. I have no relative or friend here so I plan on staying in an hotel until I land an apartment"

He smiles "well. You can stay with me until you have a place to stay. I have alot of rooms—i mean if it's okay to you, I don't want to come off as creepy or anything but yeah...just offering"

So I said yes.

What I didn't know was that I'd made a friend for life.

Another one of my best decisions.

************************************

Wassup dudes and dudettes,

So how this chapter.

Let me know if you liked it and if you want more chapters like this.

I basically have a butt print on my couch.

Anyways...(coughs awkwardly)

See you in the next chapter

Love y'all so much

Sheylarrh 💕💞 💓