'way to be modest'

Chapter seven
★★harry★★

               'Forget a cup a coffee
    Thinking about you keeps me awake'

   Lying in bed I watch as the alarm goes off the second time after I'd press the snooze button.

I groan sitting up and running a hand through my hair.

It's Sunday and normally I'd still be asleep but I have some important work to do before Monday.

If only I hadn't  procastinated doing it yesterday.

        I brush my teeth and wash my face before going downstairs to fix something to eat.

This week has been really hard for me.

   Doctors tell me Penny's case is getting worse,  I found out I may have a five year old kid and her mother is fucking stubborn and annoying.

And hot too.

Seeing Nadine again is probably not the best thing to happen to me. Feelings I thought I kept buried these past years have decided to come back and haunt me.

I close my eyes to steady myself.

Images of her and Charlotte flash through my mind.

"Dammit" I yell opening the fridge and grabbing a bottle of water.

Chugging it down I grab a fruity bar and head to the sitting room, deciding to order something

The doorbell chimes. I don't bother getting it because I know it's probably Ben and he has a key.

The door opens seconds after and Ben walks in.

"Why bother pressing the doorbell if you're gonna open the door yourself"

"Well Hello to you too" he says with a grin "I brought food"

He says tossing me a takeout box which I easily catch and start digging into.

"Without me you'd die of starvation"

I roll my eyes "why are you here this early, don't you have sick people to take care of"

He grabs the remote from the table and changes the channel earning a glare from me.

"I took a day off. I figured the boss wouldn't care since he -as a matter of fact- is me"

"Way to be modest" I mumble sarcastically.

"Well, I can't be this hot and modest at the same time" he chuckles

Decided not to venture further in this topic I decided to change to conversation.

"Did you bring the stuff?" I question taking a swig out of the bottle of water.

He eyes me cautiously "yes I brought the 'stuff' it's in my car"

I give him a pointed look.

"What" he says with a raised brow.

Pinching he bridge of my nose I let out a low growl "then go get it"

"Geez, you don't have to be mean about it. I just got here why should I go back out" he whines getting off the couch and walking out of the house.

He returns moments later with a brown envelope in his hands.

I put out my hand for him to hand it over but he puts it at his back.

"What now?"

He smirks "first you have to apologise for yelling at me, then you have to tell me why you wanted a dna test to be conducted on Nadine's daughter without her consent"

"I'm not going to apologise" I deadpan.

He Huffs "fine, just tell me why you wanted the test"

I glare at him "why do people conduct dna test dipshit"

He pouts "I am a certified doctor. Dipshit doesn't describe me"

I roll my eyes snatching the paper from him. Tearing off the seal, I silently read the contents of the letter.

My eyes widen and my breath gets caught up in my throat.

She's mine.

   I put the paper down and Ben's staring at me with a grin.

"Congrats you're a daddy"

I scoff "you're over five years late with that congratulations"

He points at me "and you told me you didn't know her other than the fact that she was employed by your manager"

"I don't" I say defensively.

I'm still overwhelmed by this sudden news and Ben's not making this easier.

"Then how do you explain the five year old child carrying your genes in her blood cell"

"Well I would if you'd let me speak" I snap.

Satisfied with his silence I continue.

"Nadine and I met at a bar over four years ago. She was eighteen i was nineteen we both had some drinks together and stuffs happened"

His grim expression suddenly morphs into a smile "damn so you're a daddy now" he breaths "I mean I expected it, y'know with you always sleeping around. But I thought you'd be smart enough to always use a condom, and your baby mama is so hot"

Choosing to ignore him I make my way to the kitchen.

"What are you going to do about it" he calls out.

I shrug opening the fridge and taking a bottle of orange juice.

"Wanna know what I think, I think you should just forget this" he says gesturing to the paper "forget you have a child, I mean Nadine obviously didn't want you to know, if she did she would have atleast tried to contact you"

Ben's words rang truth in my ears and it was true that Nadine didn't want me to be a part of Charlotte's life. I should probably listen to him. She could ruin my reputation.

I just so happen to have a habit of not heeding to sensible advise.

************************************

A/n

Sorry if this chapter was short and shitty.

I haven't quite mastered the art of 'what goes on in a boys mind?'.

So now you know the secret.

     Harry is Charlotte's daddy.
I'm pretty sure most of you already knew that because I have be leaving subtle clues here and there.

Please vote and comment as you go.

I Love you all so much

Sheylarrh 💞💕💓