'mine'

Chapter eight
~~Nadine~~

          'sometimes i want to text you, to tell you I missed you. But I just have to accept the fact that you weren't there when I needed you'

       Placing the plate of cookies on the table I sit down and relish the few moments of silence I have to myself.

Charlotte spent the weekend with kelisha's parents. It was a win win situation for all of us.

Kelisha dreads spending the weekends with her parents because all they do is nag at her and her choice of lifestyle but with Charlotte there all their focus goes off her.                   
        Charlotte loves kelisha's parents, they're like grandparents to her and they inturn adore the shit out of her. I swear she adds more weight Everytime she comes back from visiting them.

And I get to have some Nads time.

I just received a text for Lisha saying they're on their way, picking up a novel from my little shelf I decide to read it to keep myself busy till they get here.

The doorbell rings minutes later and I stuff the last cookie In my mouth before going to answer it.

     Unlocking the door I'm met with the unpleasant face of Harry. I can't help but notice that he's dressed in  contrast with his normal attire

He's putting on a plain black top, khaki shorts and a pair of black converse. His hair isn't gelled slick as usual but disheveled sticking out in different directions, it's what I'd call a normal bed hair but he makes it look so good.

Previous anger that I've stored before starts to Bubble in me when his face morphs into a smirk.

I narrow my eyes at him "if you came here for your dress it's somewhere in the basement....or in the trash I can't really reme-"

He cuts me off with an eyeroll "actually I came here to see you"

I give him a flat look "in that case...no"

I go to slam the door but he places his foot and the edge wedging it.

   He pushes the door open forcing me to take a step back and he walks into my house.

"Who the hell do think you are barging into my house like you're the fucking king of the world" I spit eye twitching.

He shoots me a glare his green eyes stormy and dark. "look I didn't come here to annoy you or cause a fight. I came to talk"

"In case you haven't noticed harry, your very existence annoys me"

He presses his lips in a straight line, taking a Taunting step towards me which in turns makes me take a step back "really you didn't seem to mind when we wer-"

"Leave Harry" I bark and his look turns murderous.

"I think you might want to hear this because it concerns Charlotte"

I open my mouth and then shut it "go ahead"

His expression softens "you might want to take a seat for this one"

I roll my eyes crossing my arm, gesturing for him to continue.

He may have calmed down but I am one step closer to ripping him piece by piece and dumping his remains in a trash. And no. I don't plan on recycling.

"The dna test results came in"

  Still mad that he took blood from my daughter without telling me I choose not to say anything.