'no one wants to date me'

Chapter eighteen
~~nadine~~

'it gets pretty tiring waiting for the happier days ahead'

"Has anyone told you that you look beautiful today?"

I turn to mateo with a sarcastic smile on my face. "yes. Ten freaking minutes ago and it was you"

He grins griping my waist spinning me around so we start doing a little dance.

Placing my feet firm on the ground I peel his hands off my sides "Don't you have some tables to wipe or something"

I'm officially SICK of mateo's flirting.

  It's nice before and all and I always come back home with tinted cheeks but I know it's nothing but flirt and it's starting to get annoying.

I can't draw the line between when mateo's just flirting and when he's serious, sometimes I think 'yeah he must really like me' but then some times I'm like 'nah it's all games here'

And there's only so much my fragile heart can take.

He smirks "I will if you go on a date with me"

Leaning on the counter I close my eyes "I can't matt"

When I open my eyes, he's staring at me with a pout "well that hurt, why?"

Dragging a hand through my face I let out groan "because, this is all fun and games until someone gets their heart broken"

"It's not- alright I get it. No one wants to date me" he finishes his sentence with a fake sad smile and a pouty face so I know he's joking.

I poke his sides "I would date you, but then that means am gonna keep you away from all the other fine-ass women in the world"

He grins at that "you're right, I-"

Just then my phone rings and I raise a finger up to stop mateo from speaking further.

"Carolyn?" I question eyebrows furrowed. wondering why Harry's manager was calling.

"Nadine thank God you picked up" I hear her sigh in relief.

It's been three weeks since the court date, three weeks since after I told harry never wanted to hear from him again and three weeks of bliss.

Well until now.......

"Is harry there?" I ask going straight to the point, mateo raises a brow at that, probably surprised that I knew a guy that isn't him or Jared.

"Erm- no?" She sounded unsure.

I roll my eyes "sure, so.....not to be rude and all but why did you call"

She clears her throat. "Um...well I just wanted you to know that...um the shoot, well it's going fine but it would be better with you in it"

BULLSHIT, Harry put her to this.

"The shoot should've been over weeks ago, why call now"

"Well you see, um..." There's muffled voices in the background "it's a new shoot called 'mommie and me' for you and Charlotte"

Definitely harry.

"Really?" I smirk "and when did this start?"

"Just n-umm weeks ago"

I don't know what harry thinks he's gonna get from this but he's thinking wrong.

I should just end this call.

But I go on just to see how it plays out.

"So, you're saying that out of all the models you have in your industry, you choose me, and Charlotte. Why"