'thomas'

Chapter twenty four
~~Nadine~~

'I wish I could get my heart to hate you'

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding when he says that because honestly I didn't think I could carry on without tripping and falling or fainting even.

    We're at the top of this little mountain with a majestic veiw of the trees below and with me standing so close to the edge I'm pretty sure my fall down will be less majestic.

"Nice veiw huh, you should write about this in your book" harry calls from behind me.

When i turn around I notice that he has already laid down a blanket and was unloading the food basket.

"It's nice until my clumsy ass trips on a little rock, falls over the edge and then continue to roll down with you standing there looking all devastated till you find out that I'm dead and then stake a claim to my insurance money"

"Wow" he grimaces, a cringe forming lines across his forehead "that's very vivid"

I chuckle taking a seat on the blanket, harry hands me a plate of club sandwich and a bottle of juice.

"You made these?" I question, gesturing to the plate in my hands.

"Well no, but i-"

"Figured" I murmur taking a bite out of the sandwich.

"What's that supposed to mean" he whined.

"That you can't make a simple sandwich"

With a raised brow, harry turns to me "and I suppose you can"

"Of course" I say smugly "even without taking culinary classes"

"Whatever" he scoffs "some of us aren't that gifted with cooking abilities"

I bite into my sandwich to stop myself for chuckling.

"So did you ever date after thomas?"
He questions, somehow managing to pronounce thomas' name in the most spiteful manner.

"I see we're going into our love lives now" I tease smiling "and you even got his name right"

He shoots me a dead look raising a brow, Asif urging me to continue.

"Well I didn't have time to date because I had a child to raise, but when I finally did I decided I didn't want to date, well until now"

He smiles. A full one that goes to his ears.

"Cinema dates or a picnic on a hill?"

I decide to take a moment to think about my answer.

Placing my palms on the blanket I Lean back, close my eyes and take a deep breath, savoring the piny smell that fills my nostrils.

  Opening my eyes the first thing my gaze meets is Harry's eyes.

He'd taken the short moment I'd use to ponder on my answer to inch closer to me and now we we're so close our nose's were almost touching.

"Definitely the picnic" I mange to whisper through shaky breaths.

I could hear my own heartbeat through my ears and I wonder if he could too.

He smiles softly a longing glint in his eyes.

I'm sure I'm mirroring his expression.

Desire filled eyes.

Heavy breathing.

Tinted cheeks.

His gaze flickers to my lips for a second and it takes alot in me not to gnaw at them.

From most of the romance books I've read it's a sure invite for a kiss.

Did I want harry to Kiss me?.

Heck no.
But then.......

Fuck this you only live once.

I let out sigh before leaning in.

That's when his phone decides to ring, 'bestfriend' by saweetie and Doja cat, blasting from his front pocket.

Harry's expression crumbles, dissatisfaction evident in his knitted brows as he takes his phone out. I use that moment to scoot away from him.

The screen flashes a picture of Ben and Harry in shades all smily, the ID says Ben.

Harry slides the button to ignore before turning back to me.

"Probably just wants to know how the date went"

I shrug giving him my best 'this isn't awkward' smile.

He goes on to say something when his phone goes off again.

Brows furrowed he picks up his phone again. "Must be serious if he's calling again"

Then slides the call to answer and places it on his ear.

Him saying it's a serious matter had me so curious that I try to listen to his conversation hoping all the eavesdropping I'd done on kelisha and Jared would pay off.

It obviously doesn't work and all i can hear is Harry's side is the discussion.

"Calm down Ben, repeat what you said, but slowly this time" he drawls flashing me an apologetic look.

I nod turning away.

"What?" He suddenly yells looking peeved. "What do you mean-"

His eyes meets mine and he takes in my worried expression before sighing "I'll be right there, try to keep her with you"

I'll be right there.

Does that mean we're leaving.

Wait did he say keep 'her' with you?.

The rustling sounding of the blanket as harry lifts himself from it brings me out I my thoughts.

He stands straight, his jaw set, an icy look in his eyes.

"Are you ok-" I start to ask when he cuts me off bluntly.

"I have to go now" he says his tone cut steel sharp.

"Okay, let me just get my things" I say unsurely, slowly picking myself up.

His sudden mood swing has had me so confused and dejected that I'd actually consider jumping down this hill to avoid his gaze.

He turns to me, so sharply he could've cut the tense air around us and repeats slowly "I have to go now"

He turns around and hurriedly makes his way down the hill.

I just stand there bewildered, watching him walk away.

************************************

*-*

Hey guys,

How's that for a dramatic come back.

Sorry I've been away for a while.

And also sorry in advance, because i won't be around for another month.

  I have another exam and my lazy arse would probably fail if i don't start reading now.

Good news is after this exam, Wattpad has all my full attention and I'll be updating daily (maybe)

So please bear with me, as much as I want to flunk out and fail the exam i really need this win.

I love you guys so much.

Your ever faithful,

Sheylarrh 💕💖💝