'whats'up doc'

Chapter four
~~Nadine~~

'the worst mistakes always turns out to be miracles'

          This is definitely not a shack.
It's more of a fancy hotel if anything.

  The blue and white walls rubs off a calming homey vibe, it's spotless and orderly inside.

If not of the pungent smell of disinfectant and the fact that there is a good number of nurses and patients hanging around the waiting area one wouldn't be able to tell that it's a hospital.

A certain calmness overtakes my raging mind and I find myself starting to relax.

Harry clears his throat and the nurse standing at the counter talking to the attendant turns. She smiles brightly when her eyes land on us.

Or Harry

"Mr styles" she says grining "good to see you again, I guess you're here to see...."

He cuts her off sharply, gesturing to Charlotte on his shoulder "she needs urgent attention"

The nurse's eyes go wide and She starts to holler for a stretcher.

"Nadine?" Harry says as someone hurries a stretcher towards us.

I turn to him notice that his eyes are wide with worry and he has a panicked look etched on his face.

Turning to Charlotte I soon realized why he looks worried and my Expression mirrors his.

She isn't breathing......

****************†

   I've been pacing around the floors of the waiting rooms for what seems to be hours since Charlotte was taking in for testing

Checking the ivory wall clock opposite me I realized that it's only been forty five minutes.

Forty five agonizing minutes of  silence. People who pass give me solemn apologetic looks which really isn't helping my anxiety.

Harry's sitting on one of the waiting benches with his head down and his hand in his rooted deep in his hair.

I've filled out all the forms and right now I'm just waiting -quite impatiently if I may add -for any news on my daughter.

The door swings open and a nurse walks up to us. I try to read her facial expression for signs of regret or sadness but she's blank.

"Is she okay?" I rush out once the nurse is at a hearing range

She gives me a sympathetic look "I'm not sure I can answer that" she continues when she notices my crestfallen face "but doctor Hayes can, he's in his office right now, and he's asked for you two"

Harry rises from the bench and walks up to me, he place a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sure everything is alright"

Turning away from him I nod swiftly before walking to the nurse who begins to lead me, Harry trailing behind us.

She stops at a door and knocks briefly before pushing it open and giving way for us to enter.

The walls of the room is bright blue with abstract paintings decorating them. The floors are lined and covered with a grey plush carpet. On the wooden table there's a golden slate which stands boldly among the stacks of papers and files, it says 'doctor hayes' beside it is a cup with steam filing out of it. The worlds best motherf**king doctor engrave on it.