'welcome to the family'

Chapter thirteen
~~Nadine~~

{Important authors note at the end please don't skip}

Music....
my only antidote in a world of pain

    The door bell dings and I drop the butter knife walking towards it.

"I'll get it" Jared calls from upstairs. I hear the light tapping of his foot against the stairs before I see him.

"I was way closer" I say giving him a pointed look.

He shrugs "I want to be the one to open the door incase if it's that shitface Harry again, wanna give him a quick punch from one of these before he can collect himself" he goes on to flex's his muscles for sometime but is cut off by the constant ringing of the doorbell.

Whoever it is doesn't like being ignored.

Jared groans before walking really slowly towards the door. He grins before clearing his throat and then forcing a glare. He pulls the door open and I stretch forward to see who is his.

Kelisha storms in pushing past Jared.

"Well hello to you too" he says with a soft smile.

She turns to him, the frown on her face slowly forming into a hard glare, Raising her hand she smacks his head.

"Oww" he cries holding his head with a pout.

"You kept me waiting at the door for hours. And let's not get started on where you've been these past months" she yells.

I take a step back and then slowly start retreating to the kitchen.

Once they start going at each other they don't stop until one of them apologises, the problem is both of them are really stubborn and usually never apologise until something more distracting comes their way.

   Jared has been staying in my house since Monday when Harry walked out of the house. It's Wednesday now and I want him gone. he's basically a child in a man's body, grumbling and groaning all around. And he has managed to increase lottie's sugar intake level by at least fifty percent, always sneaking snacks into her room that the share together. Apparently it's a 'bonding' ritual that I, being the only sensible adult between both of us wouldn't understand.

Bottom line is, I want him gone.

So I invited Lisha who hadn't seen him in a while and didn't know he was back because he came here straight from the airport, had his stuffs taken to his place and only left here to pick up some clothes.

Since he didn't have his phone with him I took the liberty of calling kelisha and informing her upon his arrival (haha I feel so vocabulary enriched).

And boy, is she pissed.

Leaning on the counter with my chin resting on my palms I watch them with a loopy grin.

And she says we're the ones who act like married couples.

"Just admit it you missed me too" he coos pinching her cheeks.

She gives him a disgusted look trying to hide her smile. "I did not. Infact just the other day I was telling Nads here how I wished you got eaten by a rare human eating bird that poops gold —back me up Nads" she says turning to me, taking in my grin.

"Why do you have that look on your face?"

I grin wider "which look?"

She rolls her eyes "that drunk love sick look"