Work of Art

Jisoo had been in the same art class as Jennie Kim for the past two years. It was their senior year and Jisoo was as terrified of the younger girl as she was two years ago.

Perhaps we should start at the beginning.

It all began two years ago, sophomore year art class. Jisoo was that kind of student who was quietly amazing. She'd sit in the back corner of the class and produce the type of art you see professionals wishing they could do in under an hour. To put it simply she was amazing at art and super quiet. Jennie was the opposite; most popular in the school, head of the music club and everyone wanted to date her. She was loud and pretentious and absolutely shit at art.

So while Jisoo was carefully working, headphones tucked deep into her ears, blasting 2NE1 into her eardrums, Jennie was laughing with her friends and flicking paint around the class. Yet somehow she never got detention, it was an unsolvable mystery. But that's not the point. The point is that Jennie and Jisoo are completely different people; Jisoo had Chaeng while Jennie had Lisa and Yeri and basically everyone else at the school. Total polar opposites, like the sun and the moon. But that didn't stop Jisoo from crushing on the girl along with the rest of the school.

If Jisoo was being honest, it all truly started at the end of an art lesson two years ago. Everyone was packing up to go home for the day but Jisoo asked to stay so she could finish her sketch. Miss Bae loved her so of course she said stay as long as you want. Jisoo was staring at her sketch with a puzzled expression, unsure of what it was missing when she felt someone behind her.

"That is fucking beautiful." Jisoo turned her head and her eyes widened. Jennie was standing behind her looking in awe at her sketch. It was nothing special, just a picture of a lake with a cabin on the shoreline, a place Jisoo visited every summer. Jisoo just kind of stared at Jennie until she looked over at Jisoo with a smile.

"Th-thanks." Jisoo muttered, looking away from deep chocolate eyes in case she melted to goo on her chair.

"Seriously, this is... so cool." Jennie breathed. She hummed in the back of throat and pointed to a section of the sky. "This needs a bit more shading." Jisoo's eyes lit up, how hadn't she seen it before?

"Damn, I've been staring at this for half an hour and you come along and sort it out in a minute." Jisoo laughed, leaning forward to finish her sketch.

"What can I say Jisoo, I've got an eye for the details." Jennie winked and spun on her heel, her skirt swishing with the movement. "See you tomorrow Kim." Jisoo dropped her pencil once Jennie left the room.

"No seriously, chaeng, she knows my name. Like both my name's." Jisoo insisted to Chaeyoung the next morning.

"You sure Chu? I mean no offense but we run in different circles to Jennie and her friends." Chaeng said skeptically. Jisoo rolled her eyes.

"Trust me. I know what I heard." Jisoo said with a frown. How did Jennie Kim know her name?

----

So that's how it all started, one brief conversation and Jisoo was smitten. Head over heels in love with Jennie Kim. That leaves us with where Jisoo is now; senior year and final art project for the high school to be presented at the annual art gallery in a few months time. It could be whatever you want as long as it represented inspiration or something that you care deeply about.

After hearing that Jisoo's mind instantly set into motion. Half her brain yelled 'yes do it'. The other was like 'dude no, it's creepy'. The first half won after the argument was pitched of 'so? You'll probably never see her again'.

Jisoo wrote out a few plans of what kind of medium she was going to use and settled on a sculpture, she'd done a few before and they were super fun to do, if not a lot of work. But Jisoo was determined to go out with a bang and dammit this was going to be awesome.