I Think She Likes Girls

Jisoo had been dating Jennie's brother for two months. Exactly two and Jennie was sure that she's spent more time with her then her brother has. To be fair, Jennie had most of her general ED classes with Jisoo, and they had similar majors, making their classes rather close together. If it wasn't for her brother, she would have met the dark haired eventually, living so close together and having so many classes together; Jennie figured they were fated to be friends.

Apparently Jisoo and Jennie's brother Taehyung had been talking for a while before they took anything to the next level. Apparently Jisoo was old fashioned and she liked to take things slow. Jennie, having spent so much time with Jisoo now, realizes that maybe Jisoo just doesn't like her brother that much, or guys in general. She's seen the girl on the dance floor, heard her comments when a pretty girl would appear on the television. Jisoo came off as reserved, but she was actually rather forward when it came to that kind of thing. It surprised Jennie, in a way she didn't care to admit.

Jennie liked Jisoo. Actually she was sure she liked Jisoo more than Taehyung did, which was a fact she tried hard to hide. She wasn't very good at it when the dark haired was around, but at any other point she could appear indifferent to the idea of being the person that Jisoo was actually with. She fought those feelings as hard as possible, but she couldn't help it when she was around her.

Jisoo was devious and beautiful. She'd touch the skin on Jennie's waist to get her attention rather than tapping her on the shoulder. She'd kiss Jennie's neck as a goodbye rather than her cheek. She'd press her lips to Jennie's ear to whisper something flirtatious to her rather than tease her out loud with a joke, and she always let her voice drop into that seductive sweet tone Jennie had begun to hear too much of rather than keeping it humorous.

Jennie was falling in love with her. She knew it was bad, she knew she shouldn't, couldn't, but she still was. Because even though it shouldn't be, falling in love with Jisoo is the easiest thing she's ever done.

Jisoo never touched Taehyung the way she touched Jennie. Jisoo never looked at Taehyung the way she looked at Jennie. Jisoo never whispered flirty things into his ear, never held his hand when she was scared of the movie, never lingered to long for a hug, never stayed up to late talking to him on the phone, never said that she loved the way his eyes looked in the morning when he was just waking up, never went to him when she cried, never told him her hopes and her dreams, never looked at him when she needed someone to look to.

But she did all of this with Jennie. That's when Jennie decided it wasn't her imagination anymore. When Jisoo was spending more time in her apartment then she was with her brother, when Jisoo skipped going to the cabin for the weekend with her "boyfriend" to stay in with Jennie and binge watch animated movies until they hated it, when Jisoo laid her head in her lap and stared at her until Jennie couldn't ignore it anymore and looked down to meet her gaze, when Jisoo leaned forward and kissed her for the first time and told her how beautiful she was.

Jennie decided it wasn't her imagination anymore and she pulled away. She avoided Jisoo for a whole week, didn't answer her messages, was always out when Jisoo would come over, would stare at the door when she knocked, would run in the other direction when Jisoo spotted her. She avoided her successfully for a week until the morning Taehyung told her that Jisoo would be joining them for thanksgiving at their home and Jennie knew she couldn't ignore her anymore. So when Jisoo knocked on the door again and shouted, "This is it Jennie. I don't know what's going on with you; I don't want to stop trying. But this is the last time. I can't do this anymore." Jennie flung the door to her apartment open to a red face, angry Jisoo whose eyes filled with tears once they connected with hers.

Jennie broke and instead of explaining herself she just pulled Jisoo into her arms and whispered, "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry Jisoo, don't cry. I'm so sorry," over and over until the girl finally stopped shaking in her arms. That was when Jennie decided she never wanted to be the reason that Jisoo cried ever again.