Habromanic

"Did you guys know that Salvador Dali thought he was his dead brother's reincarnation?"

"What?”

"Jisoo, why do we want to know this?"

Jisoo put her pen down in the crease of the art history textbook. "It's interesting!"

Lisa rolled her eyes, "Not to an engineering major."

"Or an undetermined major," Chaeyoung piped up.

Jisoo sighed. "Fine. Don't appreciate my passions. Some best friends you are."

Chaeyoung picked up Jisoo's light blue sticky notes and scribbled a sentence down. She pulled the piece of paper off the top of the stack and tapped Jisoo on the arm. When Jisoo looked up, Chaeyoung bopped her on the forehead, effectively sticking the piece of paper to her. Lisa and Chaeyoung snickered.

"Really, Chaeng?" Jisoo ripped the sticky note off of her forehead to read it. It said: ask me about boring ass art history shit!!! Jisoo rolled her eyes, crumpled the note up, and threw it at Chaeyoung. Jisoo smirked when it hit her nose.

"Hey! Rude!"

Over the PA system, Jisoo’s name was called.

Jisoo rose from her seat, "I'll be back."

Once Jisoo was around the corner of another shelf in the library, Chaeyoung pulled another sticky note from the top of the stack and placed it in the front cover of the textbook. She wrote another short sentence on the blue paper before flipping through to the page Jisoo had been on.

Jisoo returned moments later with the same book in her hands.

Chaeyoung grinned conspiratorially, "Finally got your own?"

Jisoo groaned as she sat back down, "Finally. A month in and they couldn’t order enough textbooks? So annoying. Now I don't have to share it with every other student who got screwed over by the bookstore." Jisoo closed the borrowed book and slid it to the other side of the table. She opened up her brand new textbook and got back to work.

The light blue sticky note on the inside cover rested between the thick cover and thin page it was pressed on, waiting to be seen.

--

Jennie strolled into the library. It was early on a Saturday morning. Most students were still sleeping off the hangovers they had acquired the night before. Jennie, though, was eager to start her day of studying. 

She walked over to the desk she normally claimed and set up her laptop. The wall on her right held an outlet for her laptop charger and a window that was small enough as to not distract Jennie from her studying, but big enough that she would get some sunlight through it. The natural light always perked her up when she was reading, as if she was a solar panel being recharged. Once her laptop and books were arranged nicely, she realized that she was missing that one book for that art history class that she needed to fulfill a requirement. The damn bookstore hadn’t had the correct edition of the book when she went to go buy it, so like the rest of the class, she was forced to share the one in the library as they all sat on the waiting list.

One of the benefits of being up early on a Saturday morning to study was that she didn’t need to fight for the book.

Jennie drifted between the shelves until she found the book she was looking for. She pulled it from the stack and walked back over to her seat. As she sat back down, she had a thought. Maybe the edition was online somewhere. An e-book or PDF would be tedious to go through, but at least then if someone else had the textbook, she wouldn’t have to share.