Chapter 2: You're Strong Enough to Do This

"Feel like I'm always apologizing for feeling

Like I'm out of my mind when I'm doing just fine"

~"Anxiety" Julia Michaels featuring Selena Gomez

I hummed happily to myself as I washed my hair in the shower, in love with the scent of the vanilla shampoo. Right before I used my loofa to wash my body though I shut off the water, calling for Jason.

"Jason! Jason!" It always felt like I was screaming, since my voice didn't carry easily.

"Yeah?!" He partly opened the door as he poked his head through.

"I forgot to get my new bottle of purple shampoo, and I don't want to slip on the floor," I explained, since our bathroom was slick tiles.

I heard him silently shuffling around before grabbing the new bottle from our mirror above our sink, which doubled as a cabinet. "Here you go." He handed it to me as I grinned, grasping the container firmly despite my wet hand.

"Thank you." I was about to lean in for a kiss, clutching to the white shower curtains before almost falling when Jason turned his head. I could hear the phone ringing in the distance, watching as he hurried to answer it. I proceeded in toning my platinum blonde hair, which I had touched up at the salon every once in a great while.

"Marlene!"

"Yeah," I called back.

"Are you dressed yet," he wondered, now close to the entrance.

"No," I answered, wrapping a towel around my head before drying off with the other.

"I think you better take this."

"It's nothing serious, is it?" Fear gripped my heart as my anxiety settled in.

"No, it's just... I don't want to tell you what it is, but trust me, you'll want to take this call."

"C-can I get dressed first or is it urgent?" Living with OCD could make me get confused or mess me up if I didn't complete my usual showering routine, which was nearly over at this point.

"Okay, I'll just tell them you're still in the shower." He then pressed the creme phone to his ear with the silver antenna pulled up.

I shakily put on my pajamas since it was late in the evening, rapidly brushing my hair before pulling it into a bun to keep it away from my face. I hated how when I tried to hurry everything I did was harder and I became slower. After putting on my orange fox slippers, I rushed into the living room where Jason had the cordless telephone resting on his knee.

"Hello? I'm sorry it took so long," I apologized, blushing despite them unable to see me.

"That's okay. I wanted to tell you the news myself. Hi, I'm James Cameron, and you've been chosen to play the part of Rose in Titanic."

My jaw dropped as I completely froze, literally speechless as I couldn't process these news were real. "Um, okay, so what do I need to do now?" I figured any normal person would squeal and lose their mind, while I didn't even have a brain at this point.

"We'll need to start shooting in Mexico soon. So, this Friday you'll need to be at the airport at 5 in the morning sharp. We'll need to make sure we have enough time to get everyone boarded and check in their luggage."

I slowly nodded as I finally was regaining consciousness. "Um, who's going to play Jack Dawson? He's my leading man, right?" No shit, Marlene, why would you ask that?

"Oh, that will be played by Leonardo DiCaprio."

"Awww, he is such a cute kid," I gushed, remembering "Growing Pains."

The man chuckled lightly before saying, "Well, I'm not sure how much he would appreciate you telling him that now, seeing he's 22 years old."

"Oh right. I just haven't really ever met him, and it was a long time ago I first saw him..."

"Anyway, I will see you on Friday, Marlene Wyers. Be sure you're not late." I could tell he was a nice and easy going person, yet stern when it came to his work.

"I promise I'll be early even," I vowed.

"Good. I'll see you then. Bye."

"Bye," I echoed, the line going dead before I turned to Jason, a small smile on his lips before it grew, deepening the dimple on his left cheek. "I got the part of Rose... This could be my big break. Oh my goodness."

I sat beside Jason as he wrapped me securely in his arms, my cheek smushed against the front of his chest. The initial excitement wore off though as my chest tightened. "How am I ever going to do this? You know how much I hate traveling.  What if I mess everything up? What if I let my OCD and anxiety get in the way of this? It's gotten in the way of so much already." I was almost hyperventilating as Jason held my face in his hands, looking down at me as I lowered my gaze.

"Hey, hey... I know you can do this, Marlene. You're strong enough to do this. One thing I know about you is you never let those things truly get in the way of what you want. You've gotten so much better since we moved in together."

"You made it easy," I claimed, lifting my eyes as my heart calmed a little.

"You can call me anytime. And I'll visit you soon. I promise, Marlene. I love you so much."

"I love you so much too, Jason," I sighed, holding him close as his support eventually made me feel normal again.

The evening before I was meant to leave for filming, Jason and I bought Romeo + Juliet on video cassette, so that we could see some of Leonardo DiCaprio's recent works. I was surprised to see how much he had grown up, quite an attractive young man. As the movie went on though, my eyes kept flickering over to Jason, my gaze lingering as he looked over at me with a wide smile.

"Why do you keep looking at me," he nearly laughed, his blue orbs already dancing between my brown eyes and lips.

"Because you're so cute, and I'm really going to miss you," I sighed, running my fingers through his hair affectionately as he bit his lower lip.

"Marlene... It's going to be okay, really. Should I be worried that you're working with such a great looking guy though?" I could tell he was just using playful banter as I grinned.

"I don't even notice other guys when I have you. I can't even hardly watch the movie, because all I can think about is you. Do you think... you could love me goodbye instead of finishing the movie?"

He smiled softly as he kissed my lips tenderly before slowly pulling away. "Of course." I felt him kiss the top of my head before standing, taking my hand as he led me to our bedroom. Soon I was melting into a world only Jason could create.

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this second chapter. I promise Leo will be coming into the story the next chapter, since that's when Marlene's traveling to Mexico. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thank you! <3