Chapter 4: "You're So Nice"

"Buttons on a coat, lighthearted joke

No proof, not much, but you saw enough"

~"You Are In Love" Taylor Swift

The entire duration of our trip I was pretty much zonked out after listening to my pink, portable CD player with a George Michael album spinning around in it. I finally woke up when we had arrived in Rosarito, Mexico, seeing that Leo was fast asleep. His head was lulled all the way to the opposite side of me, and I awkwardly fastened his seat belt for him, since we were just ordered to do so for landing. He jerked awake when the plane touched the runway, blinking his eyes a couple of times before rubbing them with his fingers.

"Leo, we're here," I quietly spoke, not feeling so bold after getting adequate rest.

"Mhm...," he sighed as he stretched his arms above him with his elbows bent out. He made a face before he exhaled loudly when relaxing.

Soon everyone was grabbing their carry on luggage, and then we got the rest at the airport. We were allowed to rest at the hotel for the day, since filming started early the next morning. I smiled faintly when Leo and I stopped at our hotel room doors, realizing we were directly next to each other.

He looked over at me with a nice smirk as he commented, "Hey there, neighbor."

"Hey," I plainly responded, fighting with my key before entering the spacious suite. It was beautiful with a couch and television set, along with a king sized bed on a sort of platform, a balcony beyond that where you could see the ocean and palm trees swaying. The bathroom was impressive too. It was long, but still roomy with a decent counter and rectangular mirror that stretched across the wall. I sighed as I ran my hand through my hair, not sure what to do, since I wasn't sleepy at all. I decided to attempt watching t.v., but I gave up fast when everything was in Spanish, frustrated I didn't know the language. I bit my lower lip as I remembered that I was actually still on the same time frame as Los Angeles here. I sat against the pillow on my bed as I dialed the cord phone on my nightstand, anxiously waiting as it rang a few times.

"Hello?" Instant comfort washed over me when I heard his voice.

"Hey, I know we just saw each other this morning, but I'm stuck in my hotel room with nothing to do, and I already miss you."

I heard his light chuckles as I imagined his glorious smile. "I already miss you too. How's the weather there?"

"Um... It's really nice. It's kind of warm with a nice breeze, and the view is beautiful... I love the ocean already. How's the weather there?"

"The same it always is." I could imagine him running his hand through his hair as I crossed my ankles. 

"So, do you-" Before I could finish my sentence there was a knock on my door. "Hang on." I hurried over to it to find there was a message, which was informing me of the first scene we would be filming. I casually read the words, my eyes widening as my heart pounded, almost sweating from the burst of anxiety. "U-um, I have to go now, Jason." I gripped the phone tightly as my knuckles turned white.

"What's wrong?"

"N-nothing. It just hit me all at once that I'm away from home, and I just need some time alone. I'll talk to you soon. I love you."

"I love you too, Marlene," he reacted before I hung up.

Tears sprung to my eyes as I freaked out, shaking all over as I felt alone and scared. I braved to scoot off the mattress to rap on Leo's door, not knowing why talking to him felt best. I guess it was probably due to the fact I tended to cling to people, and he just happened to be the first person I met for this project. I could hear his footsteps before he answered, the news station blasting in the background as my face paled.