Chapter 8: The Moment I Knew

"First kiss just like a drug

Under your influence

You take me over, you're the magic in my veins

This must be love

Boom clap, the sound of my heart

The beat goes on and on and on and on and"

~" Boom Clap" Charli XCX

I freaked out as I slipped on the railing, despite the fact it was all scripted. Leo grabbed onto my hands and wrists firmly as he encouraged me that I could get back up. Eventually I was able to hoist myself from the edge before we tumbled onto the deck of the boat together. Finally the scene was finished, but we had been shooting it around twenty times. I had such a great fear of heights that it wasn't Rose panicking, but me worried that somehow I would fall wrong and hit my head on a metal bar or something. Even though it was all constructed to not be as bad as it would look in the movie, I still hated the thought of falling.

"You okay," Leo checked, since I was still trembling.

"Please tell me that it's over," I pleaded, the director announcing that could be our final take. I released a sigh of relief as I leaned against the side of Leo, him wrapping his arm around me as he chuckled lowly. We had been working on this movie for roughly a month now, and the only time I had interacted with Jason had been through phone calls. Leo and I had grown close as friends, and we were pretty tight. I was so happy to return to my hotel room to relax that night, but Leo ruined those plans when he dashed out of his.

"Have you seen my lizard," he wondered.

"No. Wasn't he in his tank?"

"No, I accidentally didn't seal the lid properly."

"Leo! You know how easily he could get lost," I exclaimed with a trace of annoyance.

"I know, I know. You have to help me find him, Marlene."

"Well, okay, but only because I love you," I said, purely meaning in a friendship type of way. Of course even with our platonic relationship that didn't keep Leo from being so gorgeous. I broke out of my thoughts before running all over the building in search of his pet. I was about ready to give up when Leo rushed up to me with the small creature in his hands.

"I found him. I think he's going to be okay..." Leo almost had tears in his eyes as I saw the bent out of shape lizard.

"What happened to him," I gently asked.

"He got run over by a truck on set."

I gasped as I looked at Leo worriedly, giving him an award hug as I kept far back enough I didn't hurt his animal. "I'm so sorry. I promise, I'll help you get him better."

"Thanks..."

"Marlene?" We both turned our heads when a different voice sounded, me hating how joyful I was when Leo was hurting.

"Jason," I exclaimed, running straight up to him as I locked my legs around his torso, kissing him passionately as I forgot we weren't alone. "I can't believe you're here," I cried, placing my hands on his shoulders he helped to keep me up.

"I wanted it to be a surprise," he lightly smiled, earning another peck from me.

"Well, you surprised me all right. Oh, this is my co-star Leo," I introduced, straining my head back before hopping off my boyfriend.

"It's nice to meet you. Jason," Jason told him, shaking Leo's free hand.

"Thanks... Marlene talks about you all the time," Leo emphasized with a playful eye roll.