Chapter 12: Barefoot Cinderella

WARNING: THERE'S A SEX SCENE AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER. I'VE MARKED IT IN CASE YOU WANT TO SKIP IT.

"When you ask, "Do you want to dance, my Barefoot Cinderella? Don't need no slippers or a party dress

The way you're looking right now's what I like the best."

And then you'll say, "Do you want to take a chance

And stay with me forever?

No one will ever be more beautiful

My barefoot, barefoot Cinderella."

~"Barefoot Cinderella" Hannah Montana

I felt drained as Leo and I trudged through the water scenes, the crew making sure I didn't get hypothermia like the previous day. I felt mentally exhausted since I had talked about Jason's phone calls that morning with Leo as we got into hair and makeup. I was holding on for dear life as the boat tilted, watching the professional people who did stunts sliding and falling down the uneven vessel.

"How did we get here," I wondered, Leo laughing a bit, since the cameras weren't currently focusing on us.

"I don't know," he admitted, us getting straight back into character. I never felt I was in real danger, but I definitely kind of felt that I had gone through the titanic experience, grateful when the long day had finally ended.

All I ached for was to crawl into bed, pop in some aspirin, and sleep for hours. Plus, I had a few decent bruises on my face from accidents, feeling a bit ugly. After I changed into my grey sweatpants and black t-shirt I padded over to Leo's room, laughing a bit when he answered in an identical outfit.

"I've been waiting for you," he mysteriously spoke. I was confused as he took my hand, my mouth gaping open at the sight before me. There was a small, round table with a checkered table cloth along with two men standing beside it, one with an accordion, the other holding a stringed instrument. The lights were dimmed with a single candle flickering in the middle of the table, Leo sitting beside me as the music started. The notes of "Bella Notte," rang out as the men sang, tears glistening in my eyes when I saw the full plate of spaghetti before us. Normally I never ate after people, but with Leo it was different. I watched as Leo silently handed me the end of a noodle before securing the other, us eating it between us until our lips met. I melted into the kiss as we kept it sweet and classy, blushing when he rolled one of the meatballs over to me with his fork.

"I flippin' love you," I breathed, caressing his face in my hands as I felt dull in my bare complexion with deepening purples.

He grinned as his blue orbs danced between mine, us just silently consuming our meal before having ice cream for dessert. By that point the musicians had left, and we were just casually sitting on the end of Leo's bed.

"I know you're tired, but take my hand," he gently ordered, reminding me of Jack. We discarded our empty containers before he took both of my hands in his, intertwining our fingers as we started swaying side to side in a slow dance. I giggled when he wrapped his arm around my waist to lift me, my bare feet now on top of his sock covered ones.

"What made you think of all this," I wondered as our fingers interlocked again.

"I know Lady and the Tramp and Cinderella are your favorite Disney movies, and I wanted to do something special for you, to let you know how much I really care about you, Marlene. I know we're not actually out anywhere, but I would like for this to be our first date. I just know we won't have much time for one with filming and every-"

I cut him off with a tender kiss, his eyes fluttering closed as we both savored the moment. After I parted I gazed lovingly into his ocean of blue, feeling that I could drown in it.