Chapter 3: Silent Apology

"All I know is we said, "Hello"

So dust off your highest hopes"

~"Everything Has Changed" Taylor Swift featuring Ed Sheeran

I felt someone gently shaking my shoulder as I was greeted with a dark room.

"It's time to get up, Marlene," Jason softly spoke, kissing my cheek softly as I groaned, burying my face directly into my pillow. I whimpered as he switched the lamp on beside me, not wanting an ounce of light in my vision. "You have to get up, or you'll be late for your flight."

"Just 5 more minutes or 10? Please..." I was almost crying as I dreaded the whole procedure of boarding the plane and dealing with luggage, especially being separated from Jason for possibly months.

"Marlene... I know you, and if you go back to sleep, then you won't have enough time to get ready."

"I could skip my makeup routine. Please, Jason," I pleaded, feeling him place his hand on my upper back to rub up and down it soothingly.

"Don't you want to look extra nice for your future colleagues?"

"I'm going to look ugly anyway with the bags under my eyes," I complained, sniffling as a couple of tears slipped past my eyes.

"Hey... everything's going to be okay, Marlene. You've got this," he promised, pulling me up and into his arms as he rocked me on the bed.

"I feel so broken. I mean, I'm so grateful and excited for this role, but I'm just so scared about everything."

"You know, most of the time the fear is worse than the actual thing you fear."

"Thanks, Einstein," I faintly joked.

"Come on, you already packed your suitcase the night before. All you have to do now is your makeup, hair, and then pack a few little things. That doesn't so hard, does it?"

"No." I shook my head as I almost laughed slightly, finally standing to go into the bathroom. Jason was right that once I began getting ready it didn't take so long, and I woke up a bit more with each passing minute.

On the journey to the airport, I kept talking his head off due to a mixture of nerves and still being exhausted. He just discreetly smiled though as he kept his focus on the road, silently listening. Once we arrived at the area where we were forced to say goodbye, I could sense a heaviness forming in my chest.

"I'll miss you...," I flung my arms around his neck as I stood on my tip toes. He was 5' 11", while I was 5' 2," so it was a bit of a stretch.

"I'll miss you more," he claimed, causing me to giggle a little.

"And this is why I love you. You always know the right things to say." I then parted just enough to stare deeply into his beautiful blue eyes, closing the gap as we shared a tender yet passionate and slow kiss. I loved how he tasted of mint from his toothpaste, kissing him deeper yet as I dreaded leaving him. I then heard a person clear their throat from behind us, none other than James Cameron standing there with his arms crossed.

"We need to get going. They're letting us board the plane now," he informed me.

I barely nodded before stealing one last lingering peck with Jason, gradually letting go of his hand until our fingertips parted. I turned around before I broke down, hurrying to get on our mode of transportation. I felt shy and awkward as I shuffled between the aisles, finally finding the seat with my name card on it. Unfortunately it wasn't next to the window, Leonardo DiCaprio securing that spot and his head was already leaning against the oval pane. I cautiously sat down, the drowsy blonde raising his head when he sensed my presence.