Ch. 6

Annabeth's P.O.V.

I stopped outside of the small apartment belonging to the Jackson family.

What should I tell her mother? That her daughter was struck by lightning by an out of control Thalia who was mad that Percy had proposed to me? Probably not. That would give Sally a heart attack! I could just say that Percy got injured and had to stay at camp so I came instead? That was probably the best option.

I look to the Lift and shudder, turning to the staircase i would much rather use.

Taking a running start, jumping onto the railing and pulling myself onto the next one, continuing up the floors to Sally's.

I open the door with the keys i had taken from Percy. The hallway looks bright and the same as it always does, though something seems off. Hushed voices can be heard from inside the room and I am immediately on guard, checking all the possible escape routes and things I could use as weapons if I needed to.

"Sally?" I called out as I walked into the room. Three people occupied the room, but what caught my attention was the plastic sheet on the ground. One hand stuck out the side, and another body seemed to be lying further into the room.

"What are you doing here?" One of them, who I now identified as a police officer, demanded. They started making their way towards me, and I started to back up.

What will i tell Percy? What will I tell camp? Sally was a wanted and needed mother to so many orphaned demigods. Kind, loving and scary, she was what everyone needed in the desperate times of war and turmoil.

The three officers kept coming at me, barking orders as I felt paralysed from my shock.

As fast as I could, I snapped around, leaving the apartment.

"Hey!" I turned around quickly.

"What do you want?" I growled.

"Who are you, and why did you run away?!" One of the men shouted, placing a hand over the handcuffs on his hip.
"Answer me!"

"I'm her daughter in law, I came to tell her I was marrying her daughter! Is Estelle ok? Percy would tear herself apart if she didn't survive!" I pleaded as the officer sighed.

My phone rang from my pocket. I picked it up.

"My child are you ok?"

"Chiron. Chiron, she's gone. Sally's gone. She gone, how do I tell Percy?!"

"Kid, your going to need to come with us." The one woman said while the others moved to guard the exit.

"No! I need to tell Percy, I need to be the one to tell her!" She rolled her eyes at me and moved closer, handcuffs at the ready.

"You have no right to arrest me, I've done nothing wrong, I just learnt-" before I could finish I was pushed to the ground by the officer. I grunted as she handcuffed me.

"Let go!" I yelled as I tried to get out of her hold.

I struggled all the way to the car, but all that earned was a hit in the face. I was shoved into the back of the car.

It took about ten minutes to arrive at the police station, where they practically shoved me into an interrogation room.

Soon, another officer came in.

"Hello. What's your name?" He was overly cheerful. Too cheerful.

I thought for a moment.

"Annabeth." He raised an eyebrow.

"Last name." I remained emotionless.

"Well, it's spelled F-U-C-K-O-F-F" rude, I know. But they forced me me here so I'm channeling my inner Percy and giving them hell until they give up, let me go, or Percy comes for me.

"Really?" He sighed. "Ok then, why are you here?"

"Well, your sh*t homophobic cops arrested me because my mother in law was murdered." I was given a more raised eyebrow.

"And how are they homophobic?"

"I'm gay. And they knew." I deadpanned, and he moved, obviously uncomfortable.

"So when do I get a phone call?" I asked.

"Now"

Percy P.O.V

I watched as Annabeth was tackled to the ground and dragged to the police station by the officers.

Two were laughing and joking slightly as they made their way. I wanted to scream out to her, though I knew she would not hear me.

I memorised the name of the police station.

"-because my mother in Law died."

What?

Mother in law...

Sally...

mother...

I sat up, wincing in pain as I felt water splashed on me, quickly beginning the healing process. The Apollo campers helped me sit up and drink some more water.

As soon as I could I kept from the bed and ran for the big house.

Chiron sat with a grim face.

"It's my mother. Don't try and hide it. I know." He nodded slowly.

"That's not why you came, is it?"

"Annabeth is in trouble."

Sup

Sup

Anyway hope you like the chapter.

Here's a meme:

Question: who's best boy in your opinion?

Until next time!

Peace,
- Bubbles <3