Ch. 10

Richard Grayson P.O.V.
<a little while before meeting Percy>

It was a strange chain of events really. Not exactly something you'd expect to happen, even when your life was as crazy as mine.

But it happened anyway. A call from Bruce about a call from Jason about a call from the New York Police. A long way for the message to go, and perhaps the story was tampered with on the way to me.

Alas, it was all true.

I stared at the information lighting the screen before me, confirming the words of my former mentor.

Persephone Amphitrite Jackson-Todd. Percy Jackson for short.

My little brothers little sister.

Which I guess makes her my sister too?

I had never herd of her. Well, that wasn't entirely true. She was accused of terrorism, and more than once. Not in Gotham, and was mysteriously proven innocent before the League could start a full investigation, thanks to Diana and Aquaman disappearing for a while.

Yet Jason had never told me of her, never had us look for her, even though we could have helped.

And now that I remember it, Jason was never around when any case of hers was open, always switching channels before we heard anything about her.

The articles had little about her too, and I was too tired and done with life to go looking any deeper.

It wasn't like I'd not be seeing her soon. I'd been ask to meet her, with Bruce, on behalf of Jason.

Understandable, really. He hadn't seen the girl in years. She could also just be in it for the money, or attention.

The others didn't know. How could they? If Jason hadn't told me or Tim or Steph (with whom I'd checked just after I received the call) he wouldn't of told anyone.

I raised my hand to my com.

"Bruce? I'd like to take you up on that offer."

Dick's P.O.V.
<Meeting Percy>

My rambling thoughts were rudely interrupted by the sound of Alfred conversing with someone outside. A young ravenette who I couldn't see clearly from my seat furthest from her.

I could, however, see another woman, a beautiful tanned blond, though with a discolouration in her hair, similar to Jason. She looked a little stunned, but happy as she dusted herself off.

I turned my attention to the other woman, who approached her companion as we exited our limo. She rested her head on the shorter
one's shoulder, exchanging quiet words with her. They were preparing to leave. She looked somewhat familiar...

"Wait, are you by chance Persephone Jackson-Todd?" I blurted out of curiosity.

The change was immediate. She tensed, and turned towards me, straightening up. That was when it hit me how similar to Jason she looked.

The scar, her hair, height, white streak, face structure, even the way she held herself could be compared to Jason. All apparent from her eyes. Where Jason were a rich, pretty blue-green naturally, hers were a calm and deep sea green like the ocean.

And yet I still might of mistaken them for twins if I didn't know Jason to be just a little older.

"What's it to you?" The rude snapback earned her a hard slap on the arm from her... friend, adopted sister, maybe girlfriend? It's not like anyone would be against it.

"I'm Richard, this is Bruce Wayne." I say, using my formal name. The blond was the one fuming now, with Persephone in a scarily serine lack of emotion in her face.

More low, heated words were exchanged before the blond left to go inside.

"I apologise, if she stayed out here any longer, she would have ripped your faces off." Bruce and I exchanged a look. Persephone's eye twitched slightly.

"So. What do you want? I though Jason was to be my guardian, if he agrees." We shared our look again, seemingly only succeeding in making her eye twitch slightly harder.

"We want to know if-"

"Jason never told us he had a sister!" I interrupted. The tic in her eye went away and her eyebrow raised slightly.

She laughed without emotion. Holy shi- that was scarier than it needed to be.

"When does he tell anyone anything? He didn't have the decency to even look for me after I was adopted! I was left alone, with no one, he wasn't there. I'm trying to be there for my little sister. I don't need anything, Id rather live on the streets than seen him again, but my little sister needs a home and I can't put her in danger, so here I am."

A shaky breath escaped her throught as she paused in her tangent.

"You might think I'm just after the money. No, I've got money. I just need a guardian to keep. Estelle. Safe." She finished. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised that she wasn't a prat, though shocked at the anger she could convey, even without emotion showing on her face or in her monotone voice.

I tensed at the return of the other woman, who's name I still did not know. Persephone let her face soften as she took the other's extended hand and allowed herself to be pulled back towards the station.

I turned to Bruce as they left.

"So. What did you think?" I asked sceptically.

"A lot, almost too much like Jason. Probably chaotic, out of control, and in desperate need of major therapy."

I smiled gently at his comments about her. Of course he wouldn't trust her. He's still in his emo faze 'I work alone' type shtick.

"Not like she won't fit in."

Hey hope u enjoyed my first official chapter written by me, myself

Today I just want to know what you guys thought! I'm leaving for holidays rn so I might not be able to replay much but let me know if you liked it/ anything I need to improve on!

Until next time,
Peace,
- Bubbles <3